Hostwinds - bad experience
2015-01-10, 10:25 PM,
Hey guys.
Im making this thread because I am raging so bad at this moment.
And I want to hear if other people have experienced the same thing with Hostwinds as me.

I've been recommended to use hostwinds from a friend of mine and saw many good things in their name here on cpaelites.
I've been a customer for nearly a year, and have had so many issues with them. However, today is the worst.

I got told that my websites where using to many CPU resources, so I would be moved to a 15$ plan. Even if I asked serveral times if they could see why my website where using to much resources.

I've ~4 friends using exact same themes and features, even with much more traffic and posts than me. No problem for them.

So today, they terminated my 4.5$ plan server, so there is no kind of backup. And they told me that NOTHING would change by moving to a high volume server (15$ plan), all my posts, websites, themes and pictures would still be there untouched.

But this was one big lie. My website is now the exact same as it was at day one. Only two of my old niches are still on the website, and soo many features missing because of this.
So all my work and investments are gone.

Anyone else tried anything similiar with hostwinds? And what hosting do you guys use?

Best regards,
2015-01-10, 10:29 PM,
I will go a bit offtopic, but you always need to keep your own backups. It doesn't mean that the company shouldn't have their own backups, but you can't risk your work if they do a mistake. After all, you are the one who will lose, so always keep your own backups.

Good luck!

[Image: pxm2tm7.gif]

2015-01-10, 10:29 PM,
I use hostwinds for about 3 months now.
Didin't had any problems so far.

Maybe you should try contacting them?

[Image: dYSWr.png]
2015-01-10, 10:31 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-10, 10:31 PM by GraveYard.)
Interesting, in the past 3 days I had the same problem like you, they told me that my site that has under 100 /day use over 50% cpu
2015-01-10, 10:37 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-10, 10:37 PM by martinped.)
(2015-01-10, 10:31 PM)GraveYard Wrote: Interesting, in the past 3 days I had the same problem like you, they told me that my site that has under 100 /day use over 50% cpu

Be aware, they told me to pay for stuff, scans and much more.
Im thinking this could be some kind of a scam.

(2015-01-10, 10:29 PM)nielegalnyKUBA Wrote: I use hostwinds for about 3 months now.
Didin't had any problems so far.

Maybe you should try contacting them?

I have had contact with them more than 100 times. You dont wish to see my list of tickets ^^

(2015-01-10, 10:29 PM)Fajito Wrote: I will go a bit offtopic, but you always need to keep your own backups. It doesn't mean that the company shouldn't have their own backups, but you can't risk your work if they do a mistake. After all, you are the one who will lose, so always keep your own backups.

Good luck!

You are right, cant argue there.
I was just told that everything would be the same, so I did not take backup :/
2015-01-12, 08:48 AM,
(2015-01-10, 10:25 PM)martinped Wrote: Hey guys.
Im making this thread because I am raging so bad at this moment.
And I want to hear if other people have experienced the same thing with Hostwinds as me.

I've been recommended to use hostwinds from a friend of mine and saw many good things in their name here on cpaelites.
I've been a customer for nearly a year, and have had so many issues with them. However, today is the worst.

I got told that my websites where using to many CPU resources, so I would be moved to a 15$ plan. Even if I asked serveral times if they could see why my website where using to much resources.

I've ~4 friends using exact same themes and features, even with much more traffic and posts than me. No problem for them.

So today, they terminated my 4.5$ plan server, so there is no kind of backup. And they told me that NOTHING would change by moving to a high volume server (15$ plan), all my posts, websites, themes and pictures would still be there untouched.

But this was one big lie. My website is now the exact same as it was at day one. Only two of my old niches are still on the website, and soo many features missing because of this.
So all my work and investments are gone.

Anyone else tried anything similiar with hostwinds? And what hosting do you guys use?

Best regards,

We take backups of EVERYTHING

PM me your ticket #'s

I will see to it that your files are restored correctly.
2015-01-12, 09:58 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-12, 10:02 AM by isoz.)
Why would anyone use an US company as their host provider is beyond me...

I recommend netrouting and ramnode, I'm with both for years never had a single problem, they're cheap and their specs/speeds beat anything you get with a US company.

And you will find interesting stuff when you google that 'company'...
2015-01-12, 04:59 PM,
this is biggest problem of shared hosting and happens with most of companies. just upgrade paying $10 more won't make a hole in your pocket.

[Image: BFvuC3o.png]
2015-01-12, 05:07 PM,
When I receive advise from hostwinds I bought VPS and they help me in ALL, configure me ALL and helped me with all my problem.

i think that hostwinds is good company, and they answer in all day and night, Really good

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Experience with VA? - And where to find one. TheGreatDane 3 110 2017-10-12, 01:04 PM
Last Post: imrichard
  Anyone have experience with Exploding Ads network? zigson 1 121 2017-09-24, 01:05 PM
Last Post: rinkidi
  Power Up Hosting or Hostwinds in 2017 - Black Hat Niches Mikka07 7 332 2017-07-04, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Mikka07
  First YT video view buying experience lol Nebojsha1337 13 767 2017-05-14, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Nebojsha1337
  Anyone has experience with Aragon Advertising ? firezone 17 2,336 2017-04-04, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Brian81

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top