High school student scores $72 million playing stock market
2014-12-15, 11:23 PM,
Edit:
Quote:Teen admits $72 million stock gains all fake:

Stuyvesant High School student Mohammed Islam has admitted that a New York magazine report that he made $72 million trading stocks was fake, according to an interview published on the New York Observer's website Monday. When asked if the stock gains were "total fiction," Islam admitted he had invented the story and that he has only taken part in simulated trades with his high school club, the report said. "My friend's father worked at New York magazine, and he had the reporter contact me," Islam was quoted as saying. He reportedly added that his parents were furious about the report, saying, "my dad wanted to disown me."

http://research.tdameritrade.com/grid/pu...1215014587

[Image: bitch-please.jpg]
Latest Thanks - View all

RushingWind(2014-12-16 12:25 PM) 
2014-12-15, 11:27 PM,
i really envy these prodigies
2014-12-15, 11:32 PM,
(2014-12-15, 11:27 PM)danixD Wrote: i really envy these prodigies

Never envy, be inspired. Work harder.
2014-12-16, 01:07 AM,
Nice share, great motivation for everyone
2014-12-16, 03:10 AM,
Shouldnt you be 18 to trade stocks?
Hmmm... Something smells fishy here!
2014-12-16, 04:28 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-16, 04:47 AM by VmaNx.)
(2014-12-16, 03:10 AM)gopo2k Wrote: Shouldnt you be 18 to trade stocks?

No, most brokers offer an account called a "custodial account" opened under the parent's name. It's what I have.The minor still has access to the account to place trades and what not, just not under their own name.

Now I'm not hating when I say this but, wheres the proof of $72,000,000?

Read this excerpt from Timothy Sykes blog post,

Quote:But the #1 story of the day today is about a teenager Mohammed Islam who supposedly made $72 million written about HERE and HERE…and the funny part is that someone with the same name who went to the same high school (Stuyvesant High School) emailed me a little over 2 years ago asking for help learning how to trade, saying he had $1,000 to his name…how he wants to make his family proud, become a millionaire, yada yada yada.

Now we see these stories popping up about how rich he is and I don’t believe it for one second. I have worked my ASS OFF to make a few million dollars and I know my trading challenge students have worked hard too.

You be the judge.

"The mindset of not being able to achieve our goals is what holds us back from success." -Myself

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream. Not only plan, but also believe." -Anatole France
2014-12-16, 06:01 AM,
(2014-12-16, 04:28 AM)VmaNx Wrote:

No, most brokers offer an account called a "custodial account" opened under the parent's name. It's what I have.The minor still has access to the account to place trades and what not, just not under their own name.

Quote:But the #1 story of the day today is about a teenager Mohammed Islam who supposedly made $72 million written about HERE and HERE…and the funny part is that someone with the same name who went to the same high school (Stuyvesant High School) emailed me a little over 2 years ago asking for help learning how to trade, saying he had $1,000 to his name…how he wants to make his family proud, become a millionaire, yada yada yada.

Now we see these stories popping up about how rich he is and I don’t believe it for one second. I have worked my ASS OFF to make a few million dollars and I know my trading challenge students have worked hard too.

You be the judge.
soon you'll see a stocks trading program from guru mohammed islam
i am surprised how his story got viral around the world and no proof was seen that day .. dem marketing skills 10/10

Cool
2014-12-16, 06:25 AM,
Heard about this on the news. I went to that high school in Junior year when I lived in New York!
2014-12-16, 08:20 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-16, 08:20 AM by DeathGun.)
Wow, that is unbelievable. That is one hell of a genius! I hope one day i can also get my dream goals.
2014-12-16, 02:57 PM,

You be the judge.

(2014-12-16, 06:01 AM)f0rest Wrote:

You be the judge.
soon you'll see a stocks trading program from guru mohammed islam
i am surprised how his story got viral around the world and no proof was seen that day .. dem marketing skills 10/10

Looks like I was made to be the fool this time then guys:

Edit:
Quote:Teen admits $72 million stock gains all fake:

Stuyvesant High School student Mohammed Islam has admitted that a New York magazine report that he made $72 million trading stocks was fake, according to an interview published on the New York Observer's website Monday. When asked if the stock gains were "total fiction," Islam admitted he had invented the story and that he has only taken part in simulated trades with his high school club, the report said. "My friend's father worked at New York magazine, and he had the reporter contact me," Islam was quoted as saying. He reportedly added that his parents were furious about the report, saying, "my dad wanted to disown me."

http://research.tdameritrade.com/grid/pu...1215014587

[Image: bitch-please.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 to 5 Million US$ revenue CharlieHarper 42 4,063 Today, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CharlieHarper
  Hackers Hid Backdoor In CCleaner Security App With 2 Billion Downloads -- 2.3 Million HawkEye 13 363 2017-09-24, 02:34 AM
Last Post: PRINC3
  If you had the chance to win a million dollars, would you accept it? CriticSay 6 208 2017-07-11, 10:41 PM
Last Post: AndyRucker
  What did your school friends end up doing for jobs now? shadow98 9 284 2017-07-09, 12:55 AM
Last Post: andrew43
  College Life vs School Life extremee 8 233 2017-06-13, 12:58 PM
Last Post: chumban

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top