Hawkeye Interviews MaxBounty Owner
2014-10-30, 02:59 PM,
[Image: maxbounty.png]

Hello Elites,

So as you know MaxBounty contacted me and interviewed me regarding the forum, you can find that interview here in case you mised it: CPA Elites Aims to Become Your Go-to CPA Forum below I have asked some pretty good questions and communicated with the owner of MaxBounty, I hope you enjoy the interview as much as I did giving it.

=============================================

The Interview

So let’s start with the facts & figures, when was MaxBounty founded and how many affiliates do you have?

MaxBounty launched in 2004 after a year of planning and a year of coding. How many affiliates we have depends on how you count them. Over 150,000 affiliates have signed up to work with MaxBounty since we started a decade ago, and while most haven’t been approved to the network, we do have about 16,000 active affiliates who send traffic to our clients every month.

I assume you started out as one of us trying to make your living from CPA, what gave you the inspiration to start your own network?

We did start out as affiliates ourselves and touched almost every facet of affiliate marketing during our time in the trenches, from email marketing to incentive leads to co-registration and even pay-per-call before pay-per-call was sexy. The inspiration to start our own network came simply from the industry landscape in the early 2000’s. There were few networks back then, and frankly they did a poor job managing their affiliates. I remember non-responsive affiliate managers and waiting months to get paid. I knew we could do a better job, so we did, and MaxBounty was born.

What has been the biggest problem that you have had to overcome when running such a big network?

That’s a tough question as running a network is all about putting out fires from lots of little problems. That said, blackhat marketing methods derail the trust we try to build with advertisers, which can lead to big problems.

I get the impression that you try and treat your affiliates as an extension of your team, is this an important part of your philosophy as a company?

It is, because building relationships with our affiliates is important to us. It’s a big reason why we hold our Affiliate Rewards contests. (We’ll be going to New Orleans in February for our 3rd event.) These are the people that are help building MaxBounty year by year, they’re a crucial part of our business and we try to ensure that they realize that as much as we do. A good reputation can go a long way in this industry so it’s important to uphold one.

Obviously it has taken a massive amount of effort to build MaxBounty into a market leader (based on current rankings) - but what do you think it is that sets you apart from the competition?

We lead the pack for a few reasons. We’re always innovating for our affiliates, like when we moved to weekly payments and offered sub-ID tracking. These might be the norm now, but that’s because we led the market by introducing them first at the request of our affiliates.

In my opinion though, most affiliates don’t even realize the greatest difference between us and other networks, even though they benefit from it every day. We are ALL-IN as a network, meaning we stopped our own in-house affiliate activities years ago so we can put greater focus on being the best CPA network out there while not directly competing with our clients. Most of our competitors have internal traffic buying divisions, their own websites, their own squeeze pages, selling their own leads, in direct competition with the affiliates they are claiming to serve.

With some, their network is just a secondary income stream to their core business of being affiliates themselves. Affiliates should know that networks are privy to all kinds of information about how affiliates generate leads, their presell pages, where they buy traffic, etc.

If a network is advertising the same campaign as the affiliate, the network always ends up on top. It’s a conflict of interest in my opinion. In our case, we avoid the questionable ethics altogether with a philosophy of non-competition. We represent our affiliates to our advertisers instead of directly competing with them.

What advice would you give to a CPA newbie?

I have two pieces of advice and they are both necessary for success in the performance marketing industry. Anyone can earn a few bucks with affiliate marketing, but those that are really banking large work by the following ideologies. First, treat your advertiser like gold. Ultimately these are the people paying you so it’s in your best interest to keep them happy.

Be upfront with your network about how you generate leads for them. Think of what you can do to increase the lead quality for your advertiser. Some affiliates are happy to burn an advertiser over $1000 while the smarter affiliates realize that if they cater to their advertiser, they can earn that every week for years to come.

Second, get on your affiliate manager’s radar. Your affiliate manager is your best friend in this business, or at least they should be. They are your conduit to higher rates, hidden campaigns, traffic source recommendations and so much more. When a problem pops up, and they inevitably do, your affiliate manager is the one who goes to bat for you in discussions with the advertiser.

If you haven’t already developed a strong relationship with your affiliate manager, start today by reaching out and saying hello. Online marketing is now a massive business and I can only see it increasing over time. I am sure you share my confidence in this, but I wondered if you can for see any new developments in the CPA field that will unfold in the next five years.

I just think that CPA will continue to shift as surfers being to change how they connect to the Internet and what they do while on it, which will inevitably happen. Everything online is always evolving and doing so at such a quick pace that the effectiveness of certain traffic sources or strategies will need to be frequently reassessed.

Affiliate marketing is all about capturing user’s attention by finding out where those users are and marketing offers towards them. As we’ve seen with social media and mobile in the last few years, those avenues will not remain stagnant. CPA will need to grow and change just as the internet will continue to do so.
Latest Thanks - View all

rubelkhan(2016-02-08 02:49 AM) CallmeReaz(2015-05-16 04:21 PM) ZeroDos(2015-01-16 04:33 PM) Rival(2014-11-18 05:01 AM) bueful91(2014-11-14 01:09 AM) Rational(2014-11-10 02:17 AM) 50cent(2014-11-06 03:31 PM) james007(2014-11-06 08:19 AM) today1991(2014-11-05 08:39 AM) Dragoner(2014-11-03 01:42 PM) Mr. Tokyo(2014-11-01 05:07 PM) KillBizz(2014-11-01 02:39 PM) wilhb81(2014-11-01 01:16 PM) Aamobu(2014-11-01 02:59 AM) h4ck3d.scumbag(2014-11-01 02:01 AM) AdeptiveAaron(2014-11-01 12:42 AM) Register(2014-10-31 07:26 PM) iamjosan(2014-10-31 07:08 PM) Toffyman(2014-10-31 07:59 AM) Fridge(2014-10-31 02:50 AM) Riddik(2014-10-31 01:03 AM) Jack Daniels(2014-10-30 11:50 PM) TheWolf(2014-10-30 11:28 PM) staffer(2014-10-30 08:03 PM) RushingWind(2014-10-30 07:05 PM) 
2014-10-30, 05:40 PM,
wow amazing review cpaelites is good network
2014-10-30, 06:43 PM,
great , i hope that maxbounty start allowing Blackhaters to it's network after this awesome interview :D

A good thing sells itself, a bad one advertises itself
2014-10-30, 11:49 PM,
I would highly recommend Maxbounty to any affiliate. I've been with them for over 2 years, weekly payments on time every single time. $1000 bonus and I've earned about $30k with them. For anyone looking to do blackhat please don't bother with this network, they only want quality leads which is understandable. Great interview HawkEye. Was this with Steve or JP?
Latest Thanks - View all

Joe Ferguson(2014-11-06 12:01 AM) 

Work hard, Play Hard!
2014-10-31, 07:11 PM,
What a great interview! It's very eye-opening to find out that other networks compete with their affiliates. That is very poor business and having poor ethics always results in a short life.

I am actually an affiliate of MaxBounty's but haven't created any campaigns for them. This interview has really made me think of how much I can earn with these guys.

Great stuff!
Latest Thanks - View all

Joe Ferguson(2014-11-06 12:02 AM) 
2014-10-31, 07:13 PM,
MaxBounty is a great network!
I plan on joining them within the next monts
2014-11-01, 12:06 AM,
I have to agree with replies above, Maxbounty is a perfect solution for you If you are new to direct offer promotion. Newbie friendly network, If you are honest about your methods should you get approved easily.
Thanks for this awesome shirt and some other gifts I have received from you; http://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-My-Gifts...A-Networks

This interview will provide new quality publishers from CPAElites for MaxBounty, also I am sure existing MB affiliates will join to CPAE as well.
Latest Thanks - View all

Joe Ferguson(2014-11-06 12:02 AM) 

PM ME IF YOU NEED SOME HELP TO GET APPROVED WITH - CRAKREVENUEˇˇ

[Image: JQdY0fL.png]

2014-11-01, 01:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 2014-11-01, 01:23 PM by wilhb81.)
I must say that MB is one of the top notch CPA networks that we all must join. I've just applied for a publisher account over there last two weeks. I received a phone call interview from one of the AMs, Mr. Ryan MacWha. After he asked me a few questions, I've been accepted into the network (Got approved within 3 minute after the phone call ended)

Also, he sent me some emails and asking if I need any help. I've asked him a few questions and he replied it with some useful suggestions.

If you want me to use one word to describe MB, that would be - Awesomeness :D

By the way, glad that you've an interview with MB, Hawk Eye :)
Latest Thanks - View all

Joe Ferguson(2014-11-06 12:02 AM)  HawkEye(2014-11-01 04:58 PM) 
2014-11-06, 12:05 AM,
(2014-10-30, 11:49 PM)fbdirect Wrote: I would highly recommend Maxbounty to any affiliate. I've been with them for over 2 years, weekly payments on time every single time. $1000 bonus and I've earned about $30k with them. For anyone looking to do blackhat please don't bother with this network, they only want quality leads which is understandable. Great interview HawkEye. Was this with Steve or JP?

(2014-10-31, 07:11 PM)iamjosan Wrote: What a great interview! It's very eye-opening to find out that other networks compete with their affiliates. That is very poor business and having poor ethics always results in a short life.

I am actually an affiliate of MaxBounty's but haven't created any campaigns for them. This interview has really made me think of how much I can earn with these guys.

Great stuff!

(2014-10-31, 07:13 PM)Double-Double Wrote: MaxBounty is a great network!
I plan on joining them within the next monts

(2014-11-01, 12:06 AM)Darster Wrote: I have to agree with replies above, Maxbounty is a perfect solution for you If you are new to direct offer promotion. Newbie friendly network, If you are honest about your methods should you get approved easily.
Thanks for this awesome shirt and some other gifts I have received from you; /Thread-My-Gifts-From-Well-Known-CPA-Networks

This interview will provide new quality publishers from CPAElites for MaxBounty, also I am sure existing MB affiliates will join to CPAE as well.

(2014-11-01, 01:22 PM)wilhb81 Wrote: I must say that MB is one of the top notch CPA networks that we all must join. I've just applied for a publisher account over there last two weeks. I received a phone call interview from one of the AMs, Mr. Ryan MacWha. After he asked me a few questions, I've been accepted into the network (Got approved within 3 minute after the phone call ended)

Also, he sent me some emails and asking if I need any help. I've asked him a few questions and he replied it with some useful suggestions.

If you want me to use one word to describe MB, that would be - Awesomeness :D

By the way, glad that you've an interview with MB, Hawk Eye :)

Thanks for all the kind words guys! Glad you all have had a positive experience with MaxBounty and are finding success at the network. If you ever require assistance or need help reaching your AM, feel free to PM me on here.

:)
Latest Thanks - View all

wilhb81(2014-11-06 09:02 PM) iamjosan(2014-11-06 03:34 PM) 

Become an Affiliate at MaxBounty, the #1 voted CPA Network!

Visit MaxBounty's blog for offer insight and industry happenings
2014-12-15, 06:59 PM,
CPAElites is best for Networks for CPA Marketers. And MaxBounty is best for CPA Offers.
Latest Thanks - View all

Joe Ferguson(2014-12-17 04:14 AM)  HawkEye(2014-12-15 08:51 PM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ADCOMBO: "FERRARI CALIFORNIA FOUND ITS OWNER!" Stacy_AdCombo 22 988 2017-07-07, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Stacy_AdCombo
  Uploadcash owner idiot neg repped me because I pointed out he sucks lol! CrypticEagle 5 383 2017-03-02, 12:07 AM
Last Post: docteur92
  Happy Birthday HawkEye Elites_Mate 21 560 2017-03-01, 03:48 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  Thank You HawkEye AKA Admin Krrish 9 577 2015-02-07, 01:51 PM
Last Post: nutnights
  Store owner didn't expect this. DutchPride 4 545 2015-01-30, 03:55 PM
Last Post: HawkEye

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top