[HELP] Questions about SEO
2014-04-07, 10:27 AM,
Hello everyone!

I am making web 2.0 articles in wordpress, blogger and other high PR web 2.0 sites linking to my moneysite.
Anyways I don't get is that i.e wordpress and blogger are in high PR web 2.0 sites
1. So why do I have to build backlinks to it, so I can increase it's PR(but it's already high in PR)?
2. the higher PR your web 2.0 articles (where I put the links to my website) therefore the more chance of increasing it's ranking from search engines?
3. No follow backlinks are for PR only and do follow backlinks are for PR and ranking increase?
4. What if I buy High PR blog commenting service to my web 2.0 articles? Does it increase it's PR(web 2.0 articles)?
5. is it safe to put only do follow anchor links in my article? I mean no no follow anchor links?

Sorry for the noobish questions.
Thanks in advance!
2014-04-07, 10:39 AM,
You need to learn about this: You rank your page, not your site.

1. PR (Page rank) is a metric/signal or just result. You need backlinks because they are like votes when you trying to rank something - if you have enough votes (strong ones or quantity of votes) you will rank.

2. No, the thing about high PR web 2.0 platform is that these platfroms have millions of links pointing to them, they are authorities and have in-built 'shields' given by Google algorhitm which means that you can boost your pages created in web 2.0 platform with a lot of links. If you would do so with brand new domain name - you would be penalized in next weeks and you wouldn't see any rankings at all - just filtered out of SERP.

3. Just build links. No-follow links don't provide you 'link-juice' (another metric), but they provide 'citation flow' (which is also another metric and valuable one).

4. Yup, you can spam high PR comments but keep in mind two things: your target pages where you will do so should not contain too much links going out already and those links should be appropriate - not too much spam.

5.Don't over-think. Practice > wisdom.

Cheers
Latest Thanks - View all

cracklings1017(2014-04-07 10:59 AM) 
2014-04-07, 11:07 AM,
(2014-04-07, 10:39 AM)demigod888 Wrote: You need to learn about this: You rank your page, not your site.

1. PR (Page rank) is a metric/signal or just result. You need backlinks because they are like votes when you trying to rank something - if you have enough votes (strong ones or quantity of votes) you will rank.

2. No, the thing about high PR web 2.0 platform is that these platfroms have millions of links pointing to them, they are authorities and have in-built 'shields' given by Google algorhitm which means that you can boost your pages created in web 2.0 platform with a lot of links. If you would do so with brand new domain name - you would be penalized in next weeks and you wouldn't see any rankings at all - just filtered out of SERP.

3. Just build links. No-follow links don't provide you 'link-juice' (another metric), but they provide 'citation flow' (which is also another metric and valuable one).

4. Yup, you can spam high PR comments but keep in mind two things: your target pages where you will do so should not contain too much links going out already and those links should be appropriate - not too much spam.

Cheers
thank you very much!

Though I'm still having doubts in my mind. I thought it is safe to the link of my money site in an article (web 2.0) where I want to build high quality backlinks.

Anyways I have a one page domain, does it decrease my chance of ranking?
2014-04-07, 12:23 PM,
It does not, it would however limit the number of long tails you might hit. Either you put up one long ass article to cover long tails you would like to hit or you build backlinks to your website with some long tail anchors which is riskier.
2014-04-07, 12:23 PM,
(2014-04-07, 11:07 AM)cracklings1017 Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 10:39 AM)demigod888 Wrote: You need to learn about this: You rank your page, not your site.

Cheers
thank you very much!

Though I'm still having doubts in my mind. I thought it is safe to the link of my money site in an article (web 2.0) where I want to build high quality backlinks.

Single pge sites decreases a bit of ranking beacuse as its single page Google will see it as a Sales landing Page but if its a Multiniche niche and your'e Posting every day articles and posts as that site stays long it builds a bit of trust with Google and ranks better than single landers.
Latest Thanks - View all

cracklings1017(2014-04-07 01:05 PM) 
2014-04-07, 01:09 PM,
(2014-04-07, 12:23 PM)Launder Wrote: It does not, it would however limit the number of long tails you might hit. Either you put up one long ass article to cover long tails you would like to hit or you build backlinks to your website with some long tail anchors which is riskier.

oh. thanks!

(2014-04-07, 12:23 PM)kazi Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 11:07 AM)cracklings1017 Wrote:

Cheers
thank you very much!

Single pge sites decreases a bit of ranking beacuse as its single page Google will see it as a Sales landing Page but if its a Multiniche niche and your'e Posting every day articles and posts as that site stays long it builds a bit of trust with Google and ranks better than single landers.

thanks btw! though I've seen some rank 1 single page websites in google.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Few questions about blogging visvaldeliss 2 118 2017-12-01, 10:24 PM
Last Post: ChrisRoark
  SEO and CPA. Enabled 10 314 2017-11-26, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Enabled
  2015 SEO vs 2017 SEO Aboutmoney 10 330 2017-11-10, 11:54 PM
Last Post: CharlieHarper
  Adsense - few questions Niki 6 277 2017-11-05, 01:45 PM
Last Post: fionix
  what game niche I should choose for SEO 5light 3 259 2017-10-25, 12:41 AM
Last Post: siddakrish