Got an email from Whatsapp Inc. about my website ..[ Need Help or Advice ]
2015-05-22, 01:02 AM,
Hi everyone !

I have a website which has "whatsapp" name in its domain name and i have this website from more than one year . But i got an email from official whatsapp company ( I hope ) and they wants me to take down site . I am also confused because it might be to take down the competion .

BTW here is the full email which i got

Quote: To Whom It May Concern:

It has come to our attention that you have registered xyz.com (the "Domain Name"). You are currently operating a website (the "Website") at that location and, as of the date of this letter, you are using the famous and distinctive WhatsApp trademark in connection with the domain name and website without WhatsApp Inc.'s authorization.

WhatsApp, Inc. is the owner of numerous federal trademark registrations for our WhatsApp mark (the "Mark"), including, US Registration No. 4083272, registered on Jan. 10, 2012 and US Registration No. 3939463, registered on April 05,2011 The WhatsApp mark is well known among the consuming public and embodies substantial and valuable goodwill. As such, the Mark is a valuable asset, and its protection is very important to WhatsApp, Inc.

Your unauthorized use of the Mark constitutes trademark infringement and dilution in violation of federal and state trademark laws, and is likely to cause confusion, mistake and deception as to the potential existence of an affiliation, connection or association between you and WhatsApp, Inc.

Your actions with respect to the Domain Name violate the ICANN Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (the "Policy") to which the Domain Name is subject since you have no trademark rights or interest in the Mark and are using the Mark for commercial gain. In addition, your actions with respect to the Domain Name also violate the Anti-cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (15 U.S.C. §1125(d)) a federal statute which provides a cause of action with respect to those who, with a bad faith intent to profit, register, traffic in or use domain names that are identical or confusingly similar to the trademarks of others.

WhatsApp, Inc. demands that you cease and desist from any and all use of the Domain Name; you are directed to immediately cease and desist from using the WhatsApp trademark or any misspellings of the trademark as your domain name. You are further directed to drop or delete xyz.com.

Please confirm in writing that you will agree to resolve this matter as requested within ten business days of the date of this e-mail. If we do not receive confirmation from you that you will comply with our request, we will take the necessary legal steps to protect our rights.

Sincerely,

Legal Department WhatsApp, Inc brandprotection@mm-whatsapp.com

Please suggest me what to do ?
And also how to confirm that this is an legit email ? And if it is a legit one , then what we can do for it so that we cannot loose our current domain and its rankings in google ?

Do i redirect my domain name to a new domain ? and also will they allow me to redirect to a new domain which has no "whatsapp" word in the domain name ??

Please i need help and advices
2015-05-22, 01:09 AM,
Someone had the exact thing. What email does it come from? If its real im afraid your gonna have to shut it down
Latest Thanks - View all

hfshakir52(2015-05-22 01:36 AM) 
2015-05-22, 01:13 AM,
it look legit but no one can grantee it that it can be legit.

but if it is,remove it as soon as possible :(
Latest Thanks - View all

hfshakir52(2015-05-22 01:36 AM) 
2015-05-22, 01:21 AM,
if it is legit and if i have to remove the content , then can i register a new domain which has no "whatsapp" word in that and can i redirect this old domain to the new one ??
Will they allow me to redirect this domain ? or is there any way to ask them officially to allow this domain or to allow the redirection of this domain ?
2015-05-22, 01:37 AM,
(2015-05-22, 01:21 AM)hfshakir52 Wrote: if it is legit and if i have to remove the content , then can i register a new domain which has no "whatsapp" word in that and can i redirect this old domain to the new one ??
Will they allow me to redirect this domain ? or is there any way to ask them officially to allow this domain or to allow the redirection of this domain ?

No, because if this is real, they will ask you to shutdown your domain or transfer it over to them.
Either way you'll lose it. (if it's real)
Latest Thanks - View all

hfshakir52(2015-05-22 01:41 AM) 

Any questions related to CPA belong here.
Before posting, make sure you are in the correct section.

I am temporarily absent due to family circumstances.

2015-05-22, 01:39 AM,
This is real, CPAGrip also bans you for usign WhatsApp niches
Latest Thanks - View all

hfshakir52(2015-05-22 01:44 AM) 
2015-05-22, 01:44 AM,
(2015-05-22, 01:39 AM)Bravirem Wrote: This is real, CPAGrip also bans you for usign WhatsApp niches

If it is real then can i 301 redirect this domain to another new domain which has no "whatsapp" word in it .

If i remove all the content on this domain name and if i setup a new website on another domain name , then will they allow me to redirect this domain name till it expires ?
Is there any way to take permission from them ?
2015-05-22, 06:16 PM,
(2015-05-22, 01:44 AM)hfshakir52 Wrote:
(2015-05-22, 01:39 AM)Bravirem Wrote: This is real, CPAGrip also bans you for usign WhatsApp niches

If it is real then can i 301 redirect this domain to another new domain which has no "whatsapp" word in it .

If i remove all the content on this domain name and if i setup a new website on another domain name , then will they allow me to redirect this domain name till it expires ?
Is there any way to take permission from them ?
Just stop the niche in my opinion. If CPAGrip bans you for using it there's risks you are taking there.
2015-05-23, 07:29 PM,
it happened to me once with "facebook" in the domain name, and facebook contacted me to take down my domain... :(
2015-05-23, 07:31 PM,
(2015-05-23, 07:29 PM)PheTongLenis Wrote: it happened to me once with "facebook" in the domain name, and facebook contacted me to take down my domain... :(

Then what did you done that time ? Did you took down your domain ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for affiliate network for movies/tvshows website xdoctorx 0 34 6 hours ago
Last Post: xdoctorx
  [Help] How could I make some fake proof like this? (With website refresh etc.) Murker 1 82 2017-10-21, 10:45 PM
Last Post: sudipda
  How do I promote CPA Offers via Email marketing ? Med Fd 7 332 2017-10-21, 04:57 AM
Last Post: maxvolrat
  HELP - Instagram - Email Verification Loop Jamberry 2 208 2017-10-07, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Jamberry
  Useful Website Watt 17 611 2017-09-29, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Watt

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top