Google results and google competition
2014-12-23, 05:53 PM,
What does competition in google keyword tool mean?
There are a lot of keywords that have more than 500k results in google, and competition is low, and you can rank them easily.

And there some keywords with 300k results and competition is high.
Shouldn't keywords with higher results in google to have more competition?

How hard is to rank a keyword where competition is high and there are not a lot of google results?

Can someone explain this to me?

Thank you.
2014-12-23, 10:12 PM,
In the google keyword planner there doesn't show the Keyword Competition for Ranking it shows for Ads i think, because if you search keyword S3X then you will se that it has more then few millions of searches but to low competititon.
Latest Thanks - View all

Nikita(2014-12-24 02:54 AM) 

[Image: adludum_banner2.jpg]
2014-12-24, 12:01 AM,
(2014-12-23, 10:12 PM)lvcash Wrote: In the google keyword planner there doesn't show the Keyword Competition for Ranking it shows for Ads i think, because if you search keyword S3X then you will se that it has more then few millions of searches but to low competititon.

What he said. It shows the competition when bidding on ad keywords (you will notice the higher the competition the more a KW costs) I believe, not how hard it is to rank. For that you should see what sites are ranking for the keyword and decide if you can beat them
Latest Thanks - View all

Nikita(2014-12-24 02:54 AM) 
2014-12-24, 12:28 AM,
The competition in Google keyword planner as nothing to do with the "real" SEO competitions:

This is the number of advertisers that showed on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. Note that this data is specific to the location and Search Network targeting that you've selected. In the "Competition" column, you can see whether the competition for a keyword is low, medium, or high.

Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575?hl=en

To get more detailed informations regarding your SEO competition you can do it by using differents ways:

1) Check how many backlinks and social signals it has for your kw as stated our Admin here:

>>How To REALLY Know How Much SEO Competition Keywords Have [Read]<<

2) Do the steps 2,3*,4 and 5 manually from this thread:

>>Elite Niche Research Step-By-Step (+Images Included)<< crédits to TheTwistedHat

Step 3* is interesting to check because less you have real competition page and fast your site will be in first page/first results with less efforts.

3) Use Market samurai:

First if you cannot aford to buy Market Samurai, get it here:

[Trial Version Forever] Market Samurai [Latest Version] Crédits to Spectre

Regarding the MS seo comp this is what I look for to find the best keywords:

Code:
-As much green as possible.
-At least 4 sites with the keyword not in the Title, URL, Description and Header (i.e. the last 4 columns in MS for that keyword should be green for at least 3-4 sites in the top 10)
-At least 4 sites with less than 30 BLP (Page backlinks)
-At least 2 sites with PR 0.
-Web 2.0 sites in the top 10.
-Yahoo answers/ forums etc. in the top 10.
-Pages not websites in the top 10 (i.e. www.website.com/blahblah instead of www.website.com)

For example here are a couple of keywords that meet the mentioned criteria (screenshots are old but it's ok for showing you some example):

[Image: 7141.png]

And

[Image: emgp.png]

And an amazon product review keyword which you can monetize with Amazon Associates.

[Image: ps7x.png]

Hope this will help you to understand the basics regarding the seo compétitions.

Good Luck!
Regards

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm French native Cool
2014-12-24, 03:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 2014-12-24, 03:02 AM by Nikita.)
(2014-12-24, 12:28 AM)NZT48 Wrote: The competition in Google keyword planner as nothing to do with the "real" SEO competitions:

This is the number of advertisers that showed on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. Note that this data is specific to the location and Search Network targeting that you've selected. In the "Competition" column, you can see whether the competition for a keyword is low, medium, or high.

Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575?hl=en

To get more detailed informations regarding your SEO competition you can do it by using differents ways:

1) Check how many backlinks and social signals it has for your kw as stated our Admin here:

>>How To REALLY Know How Much SEO Competition Keywords Have [Read]<<

2) Do the steps 2,3*,4 and 5 manually from this thread:

>>Elite Niche Research Step-By-Step (+Images Included)<< crédits to TheTwistedHat

Step 3* is interesting to check because less you have real competition page and fast your site will be in first page/first results with less efforts.

3) Use Market samurai:

First if you cannot aford to buy Market Samurai, get it here:

[Trial Version Forever] Market Samurai [Latest Version] Crédits to Spectre

Regarding the MS seo comp this is what I look for to find the best keywords:

Code:
-As much green as possible.
-At least 4 sites with the keyword not in the Title, URL, Description and Header (i.e. the last 4 columns in MS for that keyword should be green for at least 3-4 sites in the top 10)
-At least 4 sites with less than 30 BLP (Page backlinks)
-At least 2 sites with PR 0.
-Web 2.0 sites in the top 10.
-Yahoo answers/ forums etc. in the top 10.
-Pages not websites in the top 10 (i.e. www.website.com/blahblah instead of www.website.com)

For example here are a couple of keywords that meet the mentioned criteria (screenshots are old but it's ok for showing you some example):

[img]/a/img809/9228/7141.png[/img]

And

[img]/a/img708/8356/emgp.png[/img]

And an amazon product review keyword which you can monetize with Amazon Associates.

[img]/a/img843/646/ps7x.png[/img]

Hope this will help you to understand the basics regarding the seo compétitions.

Good Luck!
Regards

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm French native Cool

Thank you very much.I learnt new things today, thanks.
2014-12-24, 05:19 AM,
Competition in Google's keyword tool is referring to AdWords.

If it's low it means there are not many advertisers OR any at all.

It's very remotely related to SEO competition although there might be some correlation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ready for Google's Mobile-first Index LB'Decoy 14 684 2017-12-09, 08:39 PM
Last Post: iBrobot
  Vortex's SEO Tutorial #2: Hide 301 redirects from your competition Vortex 27 5,527 2017-12-08, 11:16 PM
Last Post: ltsune
  How to rank Youtube video in Google? Mebn 3 178 2017-12-01, 11:22 PM
Last Post: YT Publisher
  Are you guys still seeing mass google penalties? mulaAve 17 3,356 2017-11-21, 03:20 PM
Last Post: liwern
  [method] of Indexing any Webpage/Blog Post Instantly in Google (100% Working) ÐExTeR 64 10,085 2017-11-17, 11:44 AM
Last Post: vinsoy

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top