Giveaway !!!
2016-01-22, 12:42 AM,
Hello,
It will be a big post so prepare yourself :p :D
So first of all i would like to ask you before reaching to any conclusion please read the whole post, think and think and please then answer. Also please understand the examples i am giving are in no way stating wrong doing of anybody or anything.

So on topic. Actually this question had been on mind since a couple of years actually since while surfing around in HF i always used to surf the Free giveaway sections. Because hey it was a giveaway and heck it was free, why wouldnt I. At the start like early years of HF it was used properly and then when the whole thing started to go down this Giveaway section also went down the drain, and ultimately the giveaways were a way to acquire rep points and nothing else.

Now What i am suggesting is having a giveaway/freebie section 1) in general forums and 2) in the VIP section.

There are a few reasons for this.
Again think of this as in the future tense for this forum. And this issue has never been addressed by any forum.

Giveaways are a way of people helping other members out like say those who are newbiee or just helping others. But then eventually it turns out to be just a rep collecting tacting like what has happened in HF.

For example i will give a giveaway but ONLY to upgraded members and then those members in goodwill or goodfaith or just because they got a decent giveaway or sometimes not even a decent giveaway (as They got a giveaway over others) they will give rep to the member who is giving away the giveaway.

Now What happens here is say a new guy who wants get quick reps after posting some stuff here and there starts a giveaway thread only for Upgraded members thus guaranteeing a fact that out of this thread he will reach atleast somewhere with the rep count. He might have not done anything else at all just random posts but he might have eventually just opened 2 giveaway threads and he would have 30-40 reps just for that nothing else.

What my point of view is When a giveaway is given it has to be for all. The whole idea of the giveaway is that to help people and not to just help Only the upgraded members. This has been the case here(CPAelites) uptill now The idea of just helping the upgraded members came because it could be easily manipulated to get reps.

Now i am not saying Giveaways cannot be only for upgraded members but when you post it in the general forum section then it should be for all members and if you have an awesome giveaway which you have just for the VIP(upgraded) section first upgrade yourself (which in someway helps the site) and then post it in the VIP giveaway section as a high quality giveaway.

This way no person without contributing to the site (in thise case it is money) can get away with getting free reps because of the giveaway method.

For example :-

THIS THREAD

Well again i am not against anybody and i am not saying he posted this because he is a scammer or a rep seeker, Its not his mistake its just the norm.

Now for example he has posted general stuff here and there and posted one giveaway gaining him 12 rep Points by 2 legends. Again i am in no way accusing not the user not the members giving the reps (heck i got my first rep because of a quote which i live by but had it under my name here in CPEelites).

So this is actually again attached to that reduce the max. rep that can be given.
Because say if this giveaway was used by 10 legends and all gave away 6 rep points so he would have 16-17 posts in total in this forum and 60 REP POINTS that IS something.

So my point was first anyway when the rep is reduced (if it is reduced as in if it can be implemented without any issue) that should be the first step to avoid this in future and then to make two subsections for giveaways . Thus in general section, giveaways if posted can only be posted if it is for all and the VIP section you can post whatever you want (provided you have the proper upgrade).

Now yes there is a loophole in this too like what if the scammer just upgrades and then posts giveaway in the VIP section to garner reps. Well yes that can happen but here first of all he would have contributed to the site (moneywise atleast in one way) and then if something happens later that can be dealt with in the dispute section.

The whole point of this suggestion is like later in the years to come NO tom, dick and harry can come to OUR forum post a giveaway to garner reps and then scam our fellow members.

Again i am really sorry if have in anyway disrespected or hurt anybody in any manner. This is again just my opinion and the examples are just an example, thats it.

Regards

Please i would love to hear your inputs on this
2016-01-22, 01:25 AM,
(2016-01-22, 12:42 AM)vegetajgd Wrote: Hello,
So first of all i would like to ask you before reaching to any conclusion please read the whole post, think and think and please then answer. Also please understand the examples i am giving are in no way stating wrong doing of anybody or anything.

So on topic. Actually this question had been on mind since a couple of years actually since while surfing around in HF i always used to surf the Free giveaway sections. Because hey it was a giveaway and heck it was free, why wouldnt I. At the start like early years of HF it was used properly and then when the whole thing started to go down this Giveaway section also went down the drain, and ultimately the giveaways were a way to acquire rep points and nothing else.

Now What i am suggesting is having a giveaway/freebie section 1) in general forums and 2) in the VIP section.

Again think of this as in the future tense for this forum. And this issue has never been addressed by any forum.

Giveaways are a way of people helping other members out like say those who are newbiee or just helping others. But then eventually it turns out to be just a rep collecting tacting like what has happened in HF.

For example i will give a giveaway but ONLY to upgraded members and then those members in goodwill or goodfaith or just because they got a decent giveaway or sometimes not even a decent giveaway (as They got a giveaway over others) they will give rep to the member who is giving away the giveaway.

Now What happens here is say a new guy who wants get quick reps after posting some stuff here and there starts a giveaway thread only for Upgraded members thus guaranteeing a fact that out of this thread he will reach atleast somewhere with the rep count. He might have not done anything else at all just random posts but he might have eventually just opened 2 giveaway threads and he would have 30-40 reps just for that nothing else.

What my point of view is When a giveaway is given it has to be for all. The whole idea of the giveaway is that to help people and not to just help Only the upgraded members. This has been the case here(CPAelites) uptill now The idea of just helping the upgraded members came because it could be easily manipulated to get reps.

Now i am not saying Giveaways cannot be only for upgraded members but when you post it in the general forum section then it should be for all members and if you have an awesome giveaway which you have just for the VIP(upgraded) section first upgrade yourself (which in someway helps the site) and then post it in the VIP giveaway section as a high quality giveaway.

This way no person without contributing to the site (in thise case it is money) can get away with getting free reps because of the giveaway method.

THIS THREAD

Well again i am not against anybody and i am not saying he posted this because he is a scammer or a rep seeker, Its not his mistake its just the norm.

Now for example he has posted general stuff here and there and posted one giveaway gaining him 12 rep Points by 2 legends. Again i am in no way accusing not the user not the members giving the reps (heck i got my first rep because of a quote which i live by but had it under my name here in CPEelites).

So this is actually again attached to that reduce the max. rep that can be given.
Because say if this giveaway was used by 10 legends and all gave away 6 rep points so he would have 16-17 posts in total in this forum and 60 REP POINTS that IS something.

So my point was first anyway when the rep is reduced (if it is reduced as in if it can be implemented without any issue) that should be the first step to avoid this in future and then to make two subsections for giveaways . Thus in general section, giveaways if posted can only be posted if it is for all and the VIP section you can post whatever you want (provided you have the proper upgrade).

Now yes there is a loophole in this too like what if the scammer just upgrades and then posts giveaway in the VIP section to garner reps. Well yes that can happen but here first of all he would have contributed to the site (moneywise atleast in one way) and then if something happens later that can be dealt with in the dispute section.

The whole point of this suggestion is like later in the years to come NO tom, dick and harry can come to OUR forum post a giveaway to garner reps and then sc@m our fellow members.

Again i am really sorry if have in anyway disrespected or hurt anybody in any manner. This is again just my opinion and the examples are just an example, thats it.

Regards

Ok, I do see having the giveaway section as a good thing, on the other hand I see a lot of rep whoring and people with unapproved marketplace stuff trying to give things away, in order to bypass the selling process. However, here's the thing and I'll be 100% honest, I could care less about earning some money from the marketplace, honestly, that's not what my point is based on.

The issue is that if someone has a service/product and starts up a giveaway, then they up-sell something to the user off the forum, you can guess what is going to happen right... there will be the users that purchased the unapproved stuff complaining and wanting action taken. As a rule of thumb I only offer support to the users based on things that get sold on here, the reason is pretty obvious for that I'm sure.

I am however open to making changes to the forum, changes for the better of course and if enough users request something I'll get it added. Again, I can see positives and negatives with this.
Latest Thanks - View all

MoneyCashers(2016-01-22 01:38 AM) 
2016-01-22, 01:36 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2016-01-22, 01:41 AM by MoneyCashers.)
I think vegetajgd has some valid points... but I'd have to side with Hawk on the maintenance part... if you go on other LQ forums their giveaway sections are always trashed and there is a reason for this... people rarely just give stuff away... there's normally always an angle of some kind and this always leads to confrontations which the staff have to deal with.

I think if anyone would like to legitimately host a giveaway they can already do so for example in the Lounge.

Again... not saying it wouldn't work out but that's just my view.

~MoneyCashers

Even if you don't believe in yourself... I will. :)

[Image: banner3.jpg]
2016-01-22, 01:39 AM,
(2016-01-22, 01:25 AM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote:

THIS THREAD

The whole point of this suggestion is like later in the years to come NO tom, dick and harry can come to OUR forum post a giveaway to garner reps and then sc@m our fellow members.

Regards

Ok, I do see having the giveaway section as a good thing, on the other hand I see a lot of rep whoring and people with unapproved marketplace stuff trying to give things away, in order to bypass the selling process. However, here's the thing and I'll be 100% honest, I could care less about earning some money from the marketplace, honestly, that's not what my point is based on.

The issue is that if someone has a service/product and starts up a giveaway, then they up-sell something to the user off the forum, you can guess what is going to happen right... there will be the users that purchased the unapproved stuff complaining and wanting action taken. As a rule of thumb I only offer support to the users based on things that get sold on here, the reason is pretty obvious for that I'm sure.

I am however open to making changes to the forum, changes for the better of course and if enough users request something I'll get it added. Again, I can see positives and negatives with this.

Well we are on the same page here. So what i am thinking is either dont open the giveaway section at all like you have mentioned in the denied suggestions but add up a rule no giveaway threads as well so the whole problem is solved altogether.
2016-01-22, 01:47 AM,
(2016-01-22, 01:39 AM)vegetajgd Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 01:25 AM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote:

THIS THREAD

Regards

Well we are on the same page here. So what i am thinking is either dont open the giveaway section at all like you have mentioned in the denied suggestions but add up a rule no giveaway threads as well so the whole problem is solved altogether.

It would be impossible to force rules in there, some users would get their threads approved and then change the rules, us staff would be none the wiser about it too. Trust me, when it comes to sections and changes I have thought about most of them. As MoneyCashers said above people will just spam with hidden angles, that's I'm afraid just the way it works out some times.

I'm happy to hear other points on this however from yourself or others, if anyone can give me more positives than negatives that is. I'll check this thread tomorrow.

Thanks
2016-01-22, 01:28 PM,
I think after reaind your answers HAWK. the suggestion of mine should go to denied ones. As i myself am not completly sure if my suggestion would cause more good than trouble.
SO from my end you can directly put this in the denied section. Untill anybody else has to say anything other than what has already been said.

Regards
2016-01-22, 05:16 PM,
(2016-01-22, 01:28 PM)vegetajgd Wrote: I think after reaind your answers HAWK. the suggestion of mine should go to denied ones. As i myself am not completly sure if my suggestion would cause more good than trouble.
SO from my end you can directly put this in the denied section. Untill anybody else has to say anything other than what has already been said.

Regards

I'll close this down I think because I'm not seeing positives outweighing negatives with this one, thanks for the suggestion however.

All other off-topic posts will be removed too.

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top