Force users to share your page on Facebook - How much time does it take to take off?
2013-11-10, 02:52 AM,
I am playing around with a share locker and I was just wondering about your success.

This thing is an actual "share-to-unlock" script so when you click it, a popup will appear and you have to share the page with one single click on your timeline to get access to the page.

There's a site I have and the avg. uniqs a day are 300 visits or so. The question is, how much time does it typically take to "take off"? I mean the viral thing. You know, I bet most of the users will ignore this message and will close my page. But I have to leave it on for a while I guess, just to see if it's a good way to increase the traffic volume on the long run.

So, if you don't mind sharing your story with these lockers and what happened to your traffic, how much time did it take, etc after you installed such script, I'd appreciate it.

It's obvious that the more traffic you pump into a site the more viral it will get, but it's pretty hard at the beginnings.

Thanks for your input fellas!
2013-11-10, 06:45 AM,
it depends.
tbh it sounds like youre running some website lets say about minecraft for example
that wont go viral.

you need something that would viral on fb.

also, it will get banned when youre viral so be ready to manage that too
2013-11-10, 06:51 AM,
1) You will lose quite a lot of conversations / traffic. Many people don't trust third-party websites and they usually close the website when they get asked to share or like something on Facebook.

2) It depends on the users pretty much, if the users who allow your app are mostly fake ones, with no friends and so on, then you won't be able to get viral quickly, it will take time.

3) Those viral sites usually get banned in a day or two, if it really gets viral. (maybe less) So, do the math and see if it's worth it.
2013-11-10, 10:15 AM,
i would just put a timer, theyll be less likely to close the page

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SHARE] Youtube Comments Method Watt 81 6,638 1 hour ago
Last Post: PVAAccounts
  [SHARE] Rank Live Stream on Youtube Watt 86 4,769 Yesterday, 12:02 AM
Last Post: KentVMason
  How can I verify my Instagram users? TheGreatDane 5 137 2017-10-15, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Killbane
  [SHARE] Facebook Groups Method Watt 87 5,636 2017-10-14, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Watt