Flying out to Chiang Mai this summer
2017-04-19, 10:38 AM,
Hello everyone!

I've decided, rather than take my summer internship here in chicago, to fly out to chiang mai and earn some KASH MONEY online. I fucking hate going to school and burning my time on something I hate. I'd rather make money online than get a corporate job so i've decided to fly out to chiang mai and make money in the day time and turn up at night.

With that said, i'm wondering if any of ya'll have visited chiang mai before and could give me some tips as to what to expect as well as any information you have in regards to the country that could help me adjust. Also i'm curious to hear what you guys have planned for this summer.

Best of luck,
~Znipe
2017-04-20, 01:31 AM,
If you want to work online then why you want to go chiang mai, thailand instead of working from home. :/
2017-04-20, 11:03 AM,
Cause home is boring and thailand is really cheap. Just trying to experience something new :)
2017-04-22, 02:09 PM,
So planning to go there alone or with family/friends? You might feel bored if you go alone.
2017-04-22, 02:50 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2017-04-22, 02:52 PM by zilvis89.)
Dude, you're making a great decision! Some people don't understand how awesome it is to get away from home, experience something new and see amazing places. You won't be bored if you make yourself go out and do things. You don't have to travel with someone else to have an awesome time.

Thailand is perfect if you're planning to work online. You don't have to spend a lot of money to eat amazing food and you don't have to spend a lot for accommodation as well. If you're going to stay in hostels or hotels just make sure you do something about the internet, maybe get one of those MiFi devices if they have them there. From my experience (i was working online and staying in Bangkok) even if the reviews say that the hostel has a great wifi connection, it doesn't mean it does and since wifi is essential when you're working online, it can mess things up. I could barely work in evenings because the internet would get so slow that it would take a minute to open 1 webpage.

Also, read about the laws about working online. I think it's better to keep the fact that you're working online to yourself because it may be against the law. But nobody will know if you don't tell anyone :)

Read about common scams, you'd be surprised how many scammers you'll encounter. Seriously, be very careful with people there. If someone offers you something, just think what could be their scamming angle in that particular situation. There are some very friendly and nice people there, but there are also a lot of scammers. Also, always look after your stuff, I almost got my bag stolen when a dude with a scooter tried to grab it while riding. It happened in broad daylight but he failed because i was holing the bag tight, but the bag broke and all of my stuff was scattered on the pavement.

Get some vaccinations if you're going to eat a lot of different food. Street food is great, but sometimes it may be unhygienic and you can get ill very easily. We went there without vaccination and it was fine, but there was a huge risk of becoming ill.

Just have a good time man, Thailand is great. If you wanna know anything else just let me know :)
2017-04-27, 10:47 AM,
This might be a very good idea! Thailand is cheap too and you will surely love the place. I have visited thailand couple of times and I just love the place
2017-04-27, 12:57 PM,
(2017-04-22, 02:50 PM)zilvis89 Wrote: Dude, you're making a great decision! Some people don't understand how awesome it is to get away from home, experience something new and see amazing places. You won't be bored if you make yourself go out and do things. You don't have to travel with someone else to have an awesome time.

Thailand is perfect if you're planning to work online. You don't have to spend a lot of money to eat amazing food and you don't have to spend a lot for accommodation as well. If you're going to stay in hostels or hotels just make sure you do something about the internet, maybe get one of those MiFi devices if they have them there. From my experience (i was working online and staying in Bangkok) even if the reviews say that the hostel has a great wifi connection, it doesn't mean it does and since wifi is essential when you're working online, it can mess things up. I could barely work in evenings because the internet would get so slow that it would take a minute to open 1 webpage.

Also, read about the laws about working online. I think it's better to keep the fact that you're working online to yourself because it may be against the law. But nobody will know if you don't tell anyone :)

Read about common scams, you'd be surprised how many scammers you'll encounter. Seriously, be very careful with people there. If someone offers you something, just think what could be their scamming angle in that particular situation. There are some very friendly and nice people there, but there are also a lot of scammers. Also, always look after your stuff, I almost got my bag stolen when a dude with a scooter tried to grab it while riding. It happened in broad daylight but he failed because i was holing the bag tight, but the bag broke and all of my stuff was scattered on the pavement.

Get some vaccinations if you're going to eat a lot of different food. Street food is great, but sometimes it may be unhygienic and you can get ill very easily. We went there without vaccination and it was fine, but there was a huge risk of becoming ill.

Just have a good time man, Thailand is great. If you wanna know anything else just let me know :)

Thanks for the advice man. Yea i'm definitely gonna get some vaccinations before I go and hopefully I don't get scammed. I'm really excited about the food there as well as how cheap everything is going to be. Gonna do some work in the day time and party at night hehe :) So you've been to chiang mai before? And if so what do you recommend i do for fun? I'm going alone so I was gonna stay at a hostel and meet some of the locals.

(2017-04-27, 10:47 AM)Eliphu Wrote: This might be a very good idea! Thailand is cheap too and you will surely love the place. I have visited thailand couple of times and I just love the place

I think i'll absolutely love it. I'm asian myself and i've been too far from the homeland for too long. Going to get a nice place for only 500$/month pretty dope!
2017-04-27, 04:19 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2017-04-27, 04:20 PM by zilvis89.)
(2017-04-27, 12:57 PM)Znipe Wrote:
(2017-04-22, 02:50 PM)zilvis89 Wrote: Dude, you're making a great decision! Some people don't understand how awesome it is to get away from home, experience something new and see amazing places. You won't be bored if you make yourself go out and do things. You don't have to travel with someone else to have an awesome time.

Thanks for the advice man. Yea i'm definitely gonna get some vaccinations before I go and hopefully I don't get scammed. I'm really excited about the food there as well as how cheap everything is going to be. Gonna do some work in the day time and party at night hehe :) So you've been to chiang mai before? And if so what do you recommend i do for fun? I'm going alone so I was gonna stay at a hostel and meet some of the locals.

(2017-04-27, 10:47 AM)Eliphu Wrote: This might be a very good idea! Thailand is cheap too and you will surely love the place. I have visited thailand couple of times and I just love the place

I think i'll absolutely love it. I'm asian myself and i've been too far from the homeland for too long. Going to get a nice place for only 500$/month pretty dope!

I haven't been to Chiang Mai, but I've been to Bangkok, Surat Thani and Koh Samui. I can't really suggest anything for Chiang Mai, but there are some things that are popular in whole Thailand. For example:

Get $3 hour-long massages.

Go to markets and try out strange food.

Go to a high-end restaurant and have an amazing dish for like $5 or even less sometimes.

Look for cheap plane tickets and fly to some island and explore it. Sometimes there are tickets for like $10 one way. Make it a weekend trip or something, you won't spend a lot of money Smile

Rent a scooter, it's usually extremely cheap as well. Just be really careful, because the traffic there is crazy most of the time Smile

Try to go out every day, have a beer and just explore, you'll really find stuff to do. Usually you can find some things that you wouldn't normally do or buy in your country because it's too expensive, but in Thailand it's usually really cheap, so it's a great idea to invest in that while you're there Smile
2017-04-27, 07:06 PM,
Thailand is a great place. If you want to achieve some peace of mind that is the place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you like being outside on summer or spring evening emirmous 6 246 2017-05-27, 01:08 PM
Last Post: midastou4
  Drinking alcohol in the spring and summer CrypticEagle 7 226 2017-05-17, 08:41 PM
Last Post: mariad
  Man Utd prepare £100m Gareth Bale transfer bid for this summer HawkEye 0 193 2015-05-01, 08:13 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  Gonna get some serious work done during summer! ImVybe 1 280 2014-03-31, 02:06 AM
Last Post: PsyK0
  Making Money over having full fun Summer. User 11 954 2013-06-04, 06:44 PM
Last Post: GlockAmok

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top