Few questons regarding SEO
2015-02-07, 03:04 AM,
Hello, I have never really looked at SEO as I tought it works only if you have 1x differents sofwares and a lot of money to invest.

I recently saw a thread about a guy who does manual SEO and earned pretty good so it made me think about it :)

But before I go more deeper into it I just wanted to check few things to prevent wasting my time.

Actually I'm a student so I don't have a lot of time to work on it but it's okay as I don't need to start earning now, it's more for the long term. So if I start banking next year, no problems.

So here are the questions :

1)Do I need a lot of money to invest or just hosting/domain would be ok at the beginning ?

2)I'm thinking about internet marketing to make money for the next years(during higher level studies) so I think SEO is one of the best regarding long term(5+ years). Am I right ?

3)As I said, I don't have a lot of time to invest, maybe 2-3 hours a week. Do you think it's ok just for learning or it doesn't worth it ?

Thank you for taking the time to read and for the answers :)
2015-02-07, 03:14 AM,
(2015-02-07, 03:04 AM)_Anjou Wrote: 1)Do I need a lot of money to invest or just hosting/domain would be ok at the beginning ?

You don't need any money, because you don't need any special software for doing manual SEO, not even GSA SER.

Quote:2)I'm thinking about internet marketing to make money for the next years(during higher level studies) so I think SEO is one of the best regarding long term(5+ years). Am I right ?

Yes, you are right. I'm doing SEO since 2003 already, so it's designed for the long term.

Quote:3)As I said, I don't have a lot of time to invest, maybe 2-3 hours a week. Do you think it's ok just for learning or it doesn't worth it ?

You'd need much more time than 2 to 3 hours a week. I suggest 2 to 3 hours a day, minimum. Because learning and manual link building needs time.

This place is intentionally left blank.
2015-02-07, 03:18 AM,
1) You can start with hosting and domain.
2) It is hard to say.
3) Of course it is worth.
2015-02-07, 03:21 AM,
Hosting is enough and you will need more time as you are learning and starting to do.
Read out some high quality tutorials. Time will bring you experience along with hard work.
2015-02-07, 06:26 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-07, 06:30 AM by _Anjou.)
Ok thank you all for your answers.

I'm happy to see that I don't need that much money to start.

Sorry to double post, couldn't find a way to edit...

So it's a good point about the money.

BlackHatSEO, you said that 2-3 hours a week isn't enough but do you think it's ok start learning it 2-3 hours a week and then practice(build links,...) during holidays as I have a lot of them ? Or do I need to be always able to work 2-3 hours a day even when I'm okay with the rank of a website ?
So I can "rank" them during holidays and just "forget" them during school, something like Set 'n Forget but I don't know if this works ?
2015-02-07, 11:45 AM,
(2015-02-07, 06:26 AM)_Anjou Wrote: BlackHatSEO, you said that 2-3 hours a week isn't enough but do you think it's ok start learning it 2-3 hours a week and then practice(build links,...) during holidays as I have a lot of them ? Or do I need to be always able to work 2-3 hours a day even when I'm okay with the rank of a website ?

Of course 2 to 3 hours a day is no fixed value, and you are free to do whatever you want. I just replaced "per week" with "per day" in my statement. I would still invest more time into it than only 2 to 3 hours a day.

Because doing manual HQ SEO is a continuous lerning process, since Google changes the ranking factors several times a month, if not even weekly. You have to learn, set up test cases and check the results.

Quote:So I can "rank" them during holidays and just "forget" them during school, something like Set 'n Forget but I don't know if this works ?

If you know the basics about SEO, then yes. But nobody knows what ranking factors will have an impact in some weeks or months.

2015-02-08, 11:26 PM,
Ok thank you for the answer, I'll try to manage my time to work more on SEO.

Also I didn't ask at first but I guess automating SEO with GSA and stuff like that requires some money to start right?
Latest Thanks - View all

DaveS4(2015-02-09 12:00 AM) 
2015-02-09, 04:39 AM,
(2015-02-08, 11:26 PM)_Anjou Wrote: Also I didn't ask at first but I guess automating SEO with GSA and stuff like that requires some money to start right?

GSA SER needs at least one Captcha breaker and a high speed Internet connection (or a VPS), so you need more money for this.

The usage of automated tools like GSA SER has nothing to do with manually HQ link building, BTW.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three Powerful Strategies to Hack On-Page SEO LB'Decoy 8 293 Today, 12:29 AM
Last Post: TheCpaMaster
  How to Get More SEO Value from your Nofollow Links LB'Decoy 5 98 Yesterday, 11:17 PM
Last Post: carryminati
  [IMPORTANT] Heights of Negative SEO going Around Be Careful trafficbeast 1 102 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: mogansi
  [SEO] Best Traffic Strategies For 2018 Jackprince501 4 177 Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Jackprince501
  How to Prevent and Protect yourself from Negative SEO LB'Decoy 10 286 2017-10-19, 09:43 PM
Last Post: emirasor

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top