Extremely slow & lagging browsing - need help
2014-01-22, 04:53 PM,
Hello guys!

For the past few days, I have been noticing severe lags when browsing internet. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE and all gave me the same result. A simple example of the lag is that when I click on a new tab, Chrome opens one after 2/3 seconds and not instantly. Another is that when I want to post anything, the blinker appears after 2/3 seconds of clicking on the posting section. And page scrolling is simple UBER slow & laggy.

I am quite unsure what is causing this as I have noticed no difference on my network bandwidth. It is pretty stable at around 20~25 Mbps like always (speed checked from speedtest result and also from my normal Steam/Origin/uTorrent download). Only thing I remember is that there was an auto update of Windows a few days ago and after that, I am getting serious lag.

Just to make sure some facts:

1. I have only Avast Premier as internet security/AV.
  2. I have full scanned multiple times using Malwarebytes but it didn't find any malwares.
  3. Windows isn't lagging on anything but net browsing. Watching movies, listening songs and playing games - all are smooth.
  4. I have pretty high end next gen PC rig, so it's not a problem of insufficient resources.

I would really appreciate some assistance.
2014-01-22, 05:19 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-22, 05:19 PM by TheVBScripter.)
Did you try to get acces to internet via a smartphone / pc / laptop that isn't yours.
So what I mean to tell is that I don't believe that it's your browser/internet connection.

I'm thinking like this:

Problem:
-slow / lagging browsing

Not the source of the problem:
- Internet speed = fast enough (20MB+ is fast enough to open atleast Google fast)
- Browser = more than enough (I use chrome and I see better results than IE, but you tried them all)
- Your PC = fast enough to run other programs

As I see it, the only solution I got is to try another pc/laptop/smartphone.
You scanned your PC already, but there is a very small chance that your anti-virus (which is pretty good as I see from reviews) isn't be able to detect the virus.
So to exclude this, I recommend you to browse on another device and see if that helps.
Latest Thanks - View all

Eion(2014-01-22 05:41 PM) 
2014-01-22, 05:25 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-22, 05:26 PM by Eion.)
(2014-01-22, 05:19 PM)TheVBScripter Wrote: Did you try to get acces to internet via a smartphone / pc / laptop that isn't yours.
So what I mean to tell is that I don't believe that it's your browser/internet connection.

I'm thinking like this:

Problem:
-slow / lagging browsing

Not the source of the problem:
- Internet speed = fast enough (20MB+ is fast enough to open atleast Google fast)
- Browser = more than enough (I use chrome and I see better results than IE, but you tried them all)
- Your PC = fast enough to run other programs

As I see it, the only solution I got is to try another pc/laptop/smartphone.
You scanned your PC already, but there is a very small chance that your anti-virus (which is pretty good as I see from reviews) isn't be able to detect the virus.
So to exclude this, I recommend you to browse on another device and see if that helps.

thanks for your concern. My main broadband is only connected to my main PC. I also have a wifi connection on my house which I am using on phone/tablets and laptops and they are smooth when browsing net. Unfortunately, my brother mostly use the laptop so I only have my PC to use. Doing internet browsing through idevices are really inconvenient and annoying.

P.S. The lag still happens if I disconnect my broadband and connect my PC with the wifi. I already sent a support ticket to Microsoft but they haven't replied even after 3 days. This lag is killing me... CryCry
2014-01-22, 05:27 PM,
Have you tried restarting your PC and running CCleaner?
Latest Thanks - View all

Cool
2014-01-22, 05:30 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-22, 05:31 PM by TheVBScripter.)
(2014-01-22, 05:25 PM)Eion Wrote: thanks for your concern. My main broadband is only connected to my main PC. I also have a wifi connection on my house which I am using on phone/tablets and laptops and they are smooth when browsing net. Unfortunately, my brother mostly use the laptop so I only have my PC to use. Doing internet browsing through idevices are really inconvenient and annoying.

P.S. The lag still happens if I disconnect my broadband and connect my PC with the wifi. I already sent a support ticket to Microsoft but they haven't replied even after 3 days. This lag is killing me... CryCry
Hmm so what I can conclude about this, is that the problem is with your PC.
What you could try is to re-install everything.
It's a pain in the a$$, but I do think if you got a "new" OS at your system, that it should work flawlessly.

Because we could suggest you to remove TEMP files, some plug-in's for faster browser, etc. but all these "tricks" isn't going to solve your problem.

So my conclusion is:
- Back up everything
- Re-install Windows
- Place ONLY the main files back
- Test if internet works well again
- Add the other backed up files
- Test again (if it failes here, repeat step 1 till step 3)
Latest Thanks - View all

2014-01-22, 05:32 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-22, 05:36 PM by Eion.)
(2014-01-22, 05:27 PM)f0rest Wrote: Have you tried restarting your PC and running CCleaner?

Thanks for your concern forest!

The problem is going on for a few days, so yeah, my PC has been restarted several times (I don't run my PC 24/7). And CCleaner probably made hundreds of scanning + cleaning in the last few days but it didn't solved the problem.

(2014-01-22, 05:30 PM)TheVBScripter Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 05:25 PM)Eion Wrote: thanks for your concern. My main broadband is only connected to my main PC. I also have a wifi connection on my house which I am using on phone/tablets and laptops and they are smooth when browsing net. Unfortunately, my brother mostly use the laptop so I only have my PC to use. Doing internet browsing through idevices are really inconvenient and annoying.

It's a pain in the a$$, but I do think if you got a "new" OS at your system, that it should work flawlessly.

Because we could suggest you to remove TEMP files, some plug-in's for faster browser, etc. but all these "tricks" isn't going to solve your problem.

So my conclusion is:
- Back up everything
- Re-install Windows

I installed Windows 8.1 last December (2013). It's actually too much of a mess to re-install windows and format my current one as there are so much data and stuff which will take quite a while to back up. Cry

I am actually hoping for a solution except re-installing OS as it will be a pain to do it.

Thanks for all your help through. Smile
Latest Thanks - View all

TheVBScripter(2014-01-22 05:39 PM) 
2014-01-22, 05:39 PM,

So my conclusion is:
- Back up everything
- Re-install Windows
I don't think reinstalling OS would do anything.
In my opinion, the main problem is in browser.
Eion have you checked for any plugins that are outdated (like Java,FlashPlayers and things like that)?
Latest Thanks - View all

TheVBScripter(2014-01-22 05:42 PM) Eion(2014-01-22 05:41 PM) 

Cool
2014-01-22, 05:41 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-22, 05:44 PM by TheVBScripter.)
(2014-01-22, 05:36 PM)r3v01uti0n Wrote: Reset router just to be sure and do some manual checks for malware.

He already did that.
It isn't about his router (read the part where he says that his internet got about 20-25MB speed).
Please read everything next time you post.

(2014-01-22, 05:39 PM)f0rest Wrote: Eion have you checked for any plugins that are outdated (like Java,FlashPlayers and things like that)?
He could try that indeed. Not sure if it'll solve his problem though, but trying won't hurt him..

Eion.
Maybe it's a "bug" of Windows 8.1
I got Windows 8 and I'm pretty satisfied.
I heard a lot about Windows 8.1 and their bugs..

Anyway.. I hope you'll be able to solve the problem without a re-installation.
Goodluck mate!
Latest Thanks - View all

Eion(2014-01-22 05:48 PM) 
2014-01-22, 05:43 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-22, 05:46 PM by Eion.)
(2014-01-22, 05:39 PM)f0rest Wrote:

So my conclusion is:
- Back up everything
- Re-install Windows
Eion have you checked for any plugins that are outdated (like Java,FlashPlayers and things like that)?

Java and flashplayers - both are up-to-date. I deleted all other plugins. Although it didn't changed anything.

BTW, I haven't installed any plugins at all on IE, Opera or FireFox as I was mainly using Chrome an downloaded those browsers just for checking purpose.

(2014-01-22, 05:41 PM)TheVBScripter Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 05:36 PM)r3v01uti0n Wrote: Reset router just to be sure and do some manual checks for malware.

He already did that.
It isn't about his router (read the part where he says that his internet got about 20-25MB speed).

Eion.

Goodluck mate!

The problem is that even if it's a bug, I can't solve it. There is a high possibility of it being a windows bug as the problem started after a Windows update. Although, Microsoft's support seems to be quite sluggish so unless they check my ticket and help me back, I am stuck with this lag.

P.S. I sometime wonder why there is a troubleshooter in Windows which can do nothing but say "No problems detected". Shock
2014-01-22, 05:47 PM,
(2014-01-22, 05:43 PM)Eion Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 05:39 PM)f0rest Wrote:

So my conclusion is:
- Back up everything
- Re-install Windows

Java and flashplayers - both are up-to-date. I deleted all other plugins. Although it didn't changed anything.

BTW, I haven't installed any plugins at all on IE, Opera or FireFox as I was mainly using Chrome an downloaded those browsers just for checking purpose.

(2014-01-22, 05:41 PM)TheVBScripter Wrote:

He already did that.

Eion.

Goodluck mate!

The problem is that even if it's a bug, I can't solve it. There is a high possibility of it being a windows bug as the problem started after a Windows update. Although, Microsoft's support seems to be quite sluggish so unless they check my ticket and help me back, I am stuck with this lag.

P.S. I sometime wonder why there is a troubleshooter in Windows which can do nothing but say "No problems detected". Shock

Check out this article mate,hope it will help you..!
Latest Thanks - View all

Eion(2014-01-22 05:51 PM) 

Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help My site is slow and stopped vip2 5 133 2017-08-24, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Watt
  Just who is lagging videos on youtube Rushing Tornado 12 954 2015-06-24, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Rushing Tornado
  Cpagrip extremely low cr devgrizzly 12 1,720 2015-06-22, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Geroe
  Slow Progress \ Low Earnings talp1 1 295 2014-10-22, 03:20 AM
Last Post: talp1
  Site loading slow (need new host that accept blackhat ppd niches) JaxTeller 3 526 2014-10-14, 09:04 PM
Last Post: CPA Puppy

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top