Domain Authority Question
2014-06-15, 06:32 PM,
How do you increase DA and PA guys?
Any tips or tricks you can share to bump it up a bit maybe social signals, backlinks etc.

Thanks
2014-06-15, 06:50 PM,
The best way to increase domain authority & page authority is to get high quality backlinks ( high PR & DA).
2014-06-15, 07:03 PM,
I took a course on Domain Authority for work some time ago (I work in an SEO firm) and it was eye opening.

I could write a long reply but in a nutshell, essentially it works like juice links only that its different in a lot of ways. PA is a fraction of your DA, so the higher your DA the less links you need to increase your PA. The higher the DA of a referring link to your site (nofollow and dofollow), the more authority that can be passed on to your site. So say if you include your website URL in a Youtube video the DA will slowly pass to your site. Now here is where the DA is better than PR, if you send links two levels deep, say from a tweet, it has a DA of 100 and you use a URL shortner link in the tweet to your site with a DA of say 95, you get double the authority to your site over time. So in effect, social signals can help boost your DA, hence why social signals are an important part of any high DA site's "natural" linking plan.

High PR links don't matter when it comes to DA unless the referring site has high DA because remember DA is not a google metric but Google is paying more attention to it. Another thing is the nofollow link doesn't apply to DA and we checked this out on some sites at work. So a high DA no follow link is just as effective as a high DA dofollow link. Its not rocket science but if you work with DA more, you'll realize that PR is slowly dying..... So if you want to boost your DA over time, you need more high DA links, social signals are a great way to get these especially if you "stack" them over 2-3 levels, the power of the DA grows over time. The DA is also more effective when you spread the referring high DA links across pages and posts on your site. The link juice of DA is accumulative if that makes sense. In other words, the higher the DA links pointing to your site whether directly or through inner pages, the higher the DA and trust that will spread to your site and your DA will grow.

It is important to remember that DA is not like PR but its way easier to increase.

I hope that helps. Sorry for the long technical terms, let me know if you need any more clarification.
Latest Thanks - View all

Heraclitus(2014-11-26 12:55 AM) Jooky3r(2014-09-14 03:35 PM) rduque(2014-06-15 07:35 PM) Mr White(2014-06-15 07:31 PM) Adept(2014-06-15 07:05 PM) 
2014-06-15, 07:32 PM,
(2014-06-15, 07:03 PM)sina26 Wrote: I took a course on Domain Authority for work some time ago (I work in an SEO firm) and it was eye opening.

I could write a long reply but in a nutshell, essentially it works like juice links only that its different in a lot of ways. PA is a fraction of your DA, so the higher your DA the less links you need to increase your PA. The higher the DA of a referring link to your site (nofollow and dofollow), the more authority that can be passed on to your site. So say if you include your website URL in a Youtube video the DA will slowly pass to your site. Now here is where the DA is better than PR, if you send links two levels deep, say from a tweet, it has a DA of 100 and you use a URL shortner link in the tweet to your site with a DA of say 95, you get double the authority to your site over time. So in effect, social signals can help boost your DA, hence why social signals are an important part of any high DA site's "natural" linking plan.

High PR links don't matter when it comes to DA unless the referring site has high DA because remember DA is not a google metric but Google is paying more attention to it. Another thing is the nofollow link doesn't apply to DA and we checked this out on some sites at work. So a high DA no follow link is just as effective as a high DA dofollow link. Its not rocket science but if you work with DA more, you'll realize that PR is slowly dying..... So if you want to boost your DA over time, you need more high DA links, social signals are a great way to get these especially if you "stack" them over 2-3 levels, the power of the DA grows over time. The DA is also more effective when you spread the referring high DA links across pages and posts on your site. The link juice of DA is accumulative if that makes sense. In other words, the higher the DA links pointing to your site whether directly or through inner pages, the higher the DA and trust that will spread to your site and your DA will grow.

It is important to remember that DA is not like PR but its way easier to increase.

I hope that helps. Sorry for the long technical terms, let me know if you need any more clarification.

Awesome post mate. Makes complete sense.
When you said about stacking the social signals, do you recommend using multiple networks, like twitter, facebook etc
2014-06-15, 08:03 PM,
Thanks mate! Um to answer your question, yes using multiple social networks is actually the most effective approach you can take to increase your DA for free. Most people think of social signals based on post/sharing quantity and not on DA quality but if you stack all the DA of all top social networks together, you have massive link juice to boost your DA without spending any money!

For example, you could post a tweet with a link to your Facebook page and use a high DA URL shortner link from a site like Bit.ly or t.co which points to your Youtube channel and back to your site. You would go 3 levels down but pack a power punch of potential DA. Now do this for multiple posts on your site and you boost your sites overall DA even more.
2014-06-15, 08:09 PM,
(2014-06-15, 08:03 PM)sina26 Wrote: Thanks mate! Um to answer your question, yes using multiple social networks is actually the most effective approach you can take to increase your DA for free. Most people think of social signals based on post/sharing quantity and not on DA quality but if you stack all the DA of all top social networks together, you have massive link juice to boost your DA without spending any money!

For example, you could post a tweet with a link to your Facebook page and use a high DA URL shortner link from a site like Bit.ly or t.co which points to your Youtube channel and back to your site. You would go 3 levels down but pack a power punch of potential DA. Now do this for multiple posts on your site and you boost your sites overall DA even more.

A nice tangled web of DA juicey haha.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question related to Payoneer Spikey 0 4 9 minutes ago
Last Post: Spikey
  Expired Domain Question martek 1 68 2017-10-19, 11:54 PM
Last Post: krmr
  Question about Adworkmedia COBNET 1 117 2017-10-19, 09:46 PM
Last Post: ougasoft
  Question about CPA & CPI 5light 4 200 2017-10-18, 05:51 PM
Last Post: 5light
  DMCA for domain naathanz 8 586 2017-10-17, 11:18 AM