9.76%
8 9.76%
Python
3.66%
3 3.66%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you know Coding?
2013-11-05, 01:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 2013-11-05, 01:24 AM by Heraclitus.)
Hello Elites/VIPs and normal members! I wanted to make this poll to see how many of you know how to code.

I myself don't know and that's cause I never sat down to learn more than html.
Since I will have to learn coding if I want to make significant progress I have started at http://www.codeacademy.com

So dear IMs, do you know how to code and if yes? How did you learn to?
2013-11-05, 01:22 AM,
(2013-11-05, 01:20 AM)patrioticcanuck Wrote: I learned:
Visual Basic,C#,PHP,HTML,CSS,Javascript
I can just recommend you to try them out and decide which one works out best for you.
I also recommend you to stick with creative things they help alot in CPA.
Also check out Photoshop, After Effects and some other creative tools ;)

By creatives you mean Photoshop, VideoEditing etc?
I know Photoshop in a medium to advanced level. (at least that's what i think :D )

How dd you learn coding? (from where?)
2013-11-05, 01:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 2013-11-05, 01:27 AM by rexir.)
I code in a few different languages. I started learning html and css about 5 years ago, and stopped for a while to focus on designing. But about 2 years ago I started again HARD. I now code in html, css, javascript (nodejs is sexy as fuck), processing, arduino and actionscript (mainly AS3). I know PHP ,mysqland python, but I wouldn't say I am confident in them as there is other languages I prefer infinitely.

I go to university for digital technologies (sorta like computer science but with design too), and am in my final year, so that's where most of my knowledge has come from. Before that I went to college for interactive media, so there I learn actionscript (flash) and some html/css.

C sharp is my current project, as it's different to what I am used to. It's sorta similar to processing, but a lot more complicated. I am using it with unity.

If you are looking to learn coding, I would totally recommend learning python first. I wish that's what I did. It's a very powerful language, but it's also quite easy to learn. I need to put more time in to learning it for sure.
2013-11-05, 01:27 AM,
(2013-11-05, 01:25 AM)rexir Wrote: I code in a few different languages. I started learning html and css about 5 years ago, and stopped for a while to focus on designing. But about 2 years ago I started again HARD. I now code in html, css, javascript (nodejs is sexy as fuck), processing, arduino and actionscript (mainly AS3). I know PHP and mysql, but I wouldn't say I am confident in them as there is other languages I prefer infinitely.

I go to university for digital technologies (sorta like computer science but with design too), and am in my final year, so that's where most of my knowledge has come from. Before that I went to college for interactive media, so there I learn actionscript (flash) and some html/css.

C sharp is my current project, as it's different to what I am used to. It's sorta similar to processing, but a lot more complicated. I am using it with unity.

I don't really think MySQL can be considered a language, personally. I think it's far from.
2013-11-05, 01:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 2013-11-05, 01:30 AM by rexir.)
(2013-11-05, 01:27 AM)Royal Wrote:
(2013-11-05, 01:25 AM)rexir Wrote: I code in a few different languages. I started learning html and css about 5 years ago, and stopped for a while to focus on designing. But about 2 years ago I started again HARD. I now code in html, css, javascript (nodejs is sexy as fuck), processing, arduino and actionscript (mainly AS3). I know PHP and mysql, but I wouldn't say I am confident in them as there is other languages I prefer infinitely.

I don't really think MySQL can be considered a language, personally. I think it's far from.

Yeah I guess, but I always include it when talking about php because they go hand in hand for my use personally. Then again, as I said, I don't really use them unless I have too (sometimes we have to use certain languages for projects in uni.)
2013-11-05, 01:32 AM,
(2013-11-05, 01:25 AM)rexir Wrote: I code in a few different languages. I started learning html and css about 5 years ago, and stopped for a while to focus on designing. But about 2 years ago I started again HARD. I now code in html, css, javascript (nodejs is sexy as fuck), processing, arduino and actionscript (mainly AS3). I know PHP ,mysqland python, but I wouldn't say I am confident in them as there is other languages I prefer infinitely.

If you are looking to learn coding, I would totally recommend learning python first. I wish that's what I did. It's a very powerful language, but it's also quite easy to learn. I need to put more time in to learning it for sure.

WoW! That's impressive! But I guess I will have my chance in the future (I am 17 now :P).

I was thinking of learning css/iQuery/java(a bit) to help me make sites for CPA stuff. You recommended Python. May I ask why? What can I do with it?
2013-11-05, 01:33 AM,
Most people think learning multiple languages makes them a 'coder' , in fact it doesn't. It's the problem solving that makes you a good coder, not the syntax of a language.
2013-11-05, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 2013-11-05, 01:37 AM by Heraclitus.)
(2013-11-05, 01:33 AM)Apex Wrote: Most people think learning multiple languages makes them a 'coder' , in fact it doesn't. It's the problem solving that makes you a good coder, not the syntax of a language.

There is a big difference between someone that knows the syntax and can create programs/websites and someone that doesn't know anything.

If you know the syntax you will probably be able to code some good stuff that others don't.
For me, knowing css would be great. If I knew the syntax I could implement it on my CLs and sites.

BTW your profile pic doesn't show up!
2013-11-05, 01:47 AM,
I currently know html css and jquery. Javascript a little and I plan to learn something about php and mysql soon because I use a script that gives me a mysql error and it drives me crazy as I have no idea what the problem is :@

Be sure to take a look at my thread here if you want to learn webdesign coding!
http://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Webdesign-Tutorial

[Image: wI9cuAG.png]
2013-11-05, 01:50 AM,
You forgot Delphi. I know Delphi the most and some HTML n php.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coding Help Needed Qoins 4 322 2017-04-27, 02:14 PM
Last Post: dbiz
  Help with little Coding Qoins 1 187 2017-04-25, 06:04 PM
Last Post: rinkidi
  CPAGrip MediaFire Locker Help! Basic Coding Skills f1rew1re 3 413 2017-02-05, 11:27 PM
Last Post: f1rew1re
  OGads Content Locking coding (Help) n3kr0 6 2,884 2016-12-12, 07:47 AM
Last Post: OGAds
  Need very Minor help with coding. [CPAGrip] Qoins 4 730 2016-06-07, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Qoins

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top