CPAElites is for sale! As a result of the 2 months CEO absence: Please click [here] to read more!

DMCA in other counties?
2020-01-24, 07:31 PM,
Hello people,

I'm very interested in the subject DMCA.

I have a question about this subject and can't find it anywhere.

The most people already know OnlyFans. OnlyFans is based in the United Kingdom and works with DMCA. But DMCA is an American law. On the dmca page on OnlyFans they say : "Although our website (“Site”) is not based in the United States, we respect the intellectual property rights of copyright holders, and thus have chosen to voluntarily comply with the Notice and Takedown provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)."

Let's say I am posting content of Onlyfans models on my adult website (that's offshore and based in Holland) and I ignore their DMCA takedown requests. Can they do then something about it? (All content is from third parties).

Hopefully somebody can answer my question.

All the best,
2020-01-24, 08:39 PM,
Aside from banning your account, i dont see any recourse for trying to come after you. Then again i'm not a lawyer. It think this all depends on how deep the pockets of the complainants are. Hiring lawyers can be expensive.
2020-01-26, 01:28 AM,
Ofc, them can do something. Getting DMCA reports (which you can consider as a warning) is better then getting court orders to stop what you are doing and to pay damages and fees. If you do copyright infringement, once copyright owner warn you to stop its better to stop then to test your luck... Still, its your call and I'm not a lawyer, just 2 cents..

↘ Best CPA for Desk/Mobile Traffic! ↙

[Image: ieDLPOR.png]

$5 SIGN UP BONUS, BTC PAYOUT, Weekly Pay

2020-01-26, 05:48 PM,
(2020-01-26, 01:28 AM)DrKent Wrote: Ofc, them can do something. Getting DMCA reports (which you can consider as a warning) is better then getting court orders to stop what you are doing and to pay damages and fees. If you do copyright infringement, once copyright owner warn you to stop its better to stop then to test your luck... Still, its your call and I'm not a lawyer, just 2 cents..

Thanks! But is this also not different when the videos are not hosted on your servers?
2020-01-26, 06:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 2020-01-26, 09:13 PM by DrKent.)
(2020-01-26, 05:48 PM)h33ven Wrote:
(2020-01-26, 01:28 AM)DrKent Wrote: Ofc, them can do something. Getting DMCA reports (which you can consider as a warning) is better then getting court orders to stop what you are doing and to pay damages and fees. If you do copyright infringement, once copyright owner warn you to stop its better to stop then to test your luck... Still, its your call and I'm not a lawyer, just 2 cents..

Thanks! But is this also not different when the videos are not hosted on your servers?

But you are still monetizing that content? If you are selling d*ug on the street and police caught you, you are not going to get away with"hey, I didn't make this stuff, I'm just selling/monetizing it."? No. Answer on your questions is yes, its not the same as you're the one who pirated or else that copyright content. Don't worry that much, DMCA is good thing (like a warning to understand and stop what you are doing).

↘ Best CPA for Desk/Mobile Traffic! ↙

[Image: ieDLPOR.png]

$5 SIGN UP BONUS, BTC PAYOUT, Weekly Pay

2020-01-26, 07:54 PM,
(2020-01-26, 06:06 PM)DrKent Wrote:
(2020-01-26, 05:48 PM)h33ven Wrote:

But you are still monetizing that content? If you are selling d*ug on the street and police caught you, you are going to get away with "hey, I didn't make this stuff, I'm just selling/monetizing it." Answer on your questions is yes, its not the same as you're the one who pirated or else that copyright content. Don't worry that much, DMCA is good thing (like a warning to understand and stop what you are doing).

Thank you! :)