Copyright Claim Godaddy
2014-01-14, 05:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 2014-01-14, 05:04 AM by illuminati.)
Well I have deluxe hosting and godaddy took down my hosting today and all 6 of my domains because of a copyrights claim. That niche was a music album niche and ofc I didn't give away the album because it was blackhat. They didn't even get the album but still the music company filed a copyrights claim? Can I legally get in any trouble from this? I didn't distribute any illegal content.

All they requested was to take down the post and everything will be fine. I don't want trouble so I'm going to take it down.

Lesson learned never do movie or music niches.

Whats your guys take on this?

Now all my shit is gonna be down 2-3 days gonna lose $200-300 in earnings lol. But thats ok...
2014-01-14, 05:06 AM,
i acutally got a email aswell, wasn't related to copyright of music or anything. Had a game cheat website which made shit money, i just emailed back and took it down. They notify you if you don't respond by 24 hours they take down hosting.
2014-01-14, 05:08 AM,
They don't know whether you actually give out the album or not because they're not going to do a survey to find out Nerd. I'd say backup everything and move to a new host.
2014-01-14, 05:08 AM,
I think it's illegal to use music names for websites if you don't have the right to do so.
I don't know if you can get in trouble for it, but what I know is that the music industry is hard about copyright things..

Anyway.. goodluck mate!
2014-01-14, 05:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 2014-01-14, 05:10 AM by illuminati.)
(2014-01-14, 05:08 AM)Seen Wrote: They don't know whether you actually give out the album or not because they're not going to do a survey to find out Nerd. I'd say backup everything and move to a new host.

I mean I like Godaddy but why can they take down my website for copyrights claim and why do these assholes file these complaints if im not even distributing the album LOL.

(2014-01-14, 05:08 AM)TheVBScripter Wrote: I think it's illegal to use music names for websites if you don't have the right to do so.
I don't know if you can get in trouble for it, but what I know is that the music industry is hard about copyright things..

Anyway.. goodluck mate!

the website name has nothing to do with the album tho lol. It's just a page on my wordpress website
2014-01-14, 05:16 AM,
(2014-01-14, 05:09 AM)illuminati Wrote: the website name has nothing to do with the album tho lol. It's just a page on my wordpress website
I meant like this:
http://www.testpage.com/justinbieber-newestalbum

So when Hostgater is contacted or when they're looking at your website and they see content about a release that's copyright protected or something like that.
2014-01-14, 05:20 AM,
(2014-01-14, 05:16 AM)TheVBScripter Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 05:09 AM)illuminati Wrote: the website name has nothing to do with the album tho lol. It's just a page on my wordpress website
I meant like this:
http://www.testpage.com/justinbieber-newestalbum

So when Hostgater is contacted or when they're looking at your website and they see content about a release that's copyright protected or something like that.

Ohhh ok I see. I just realized that godaddy sent me 3 emails in total. They sent em about 1 week ago lol. I never checked this email. So everything will be fine once I remove the content of course , but for the future it is important to check your emails. It is also nice that godaddy protects you from getting sued by taking down website so the other party doesn't fuck you.
Latest Thanks - View all

TheVBScripter(2014-01-14 03:37 PM) 
2014-01-14, 05:26 AM,
(2014-01-14, 05:09 AM)illuminati Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 05:08 AM)Seen Wrote: They don't know whether you actually give out the album or not because they're not going to do a survey to find out Nerd. I'd say backup everything and move to a new host.

I mean I like Godaddy but why can they take down my website for copyrights claim and why do these assholes file these complaints if im not even distributing the album LOL.

(2014-01-14, 05:08 AM)TheVBScripter Wrote: I think it's illegal to use music names for websites if you don't have the right to do so.

Anyway.. goodluck mate!

the website name has nothing to do with the album tho lol. It's just a page on my wordpress website

They're not going to do a survey to find out whether you give out the album or not, they don't have that kind of time, so they assume you're giving it out as you're offering it. I don't think offering an album breaches the copyright law, since you're not distributing it.

If you tell go daddy this then they're going to know you're deceiving people and that might break their terms, so you'll get banned either way. Just change hosts.
2014-01-14, 05:34 AM,
(2014-01-14, 05:26 AM)Seen Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 05:09 AM)illuminati Wrote:

Anyway.. goodluck mate!

They're not going to do a survey to find out whether you give out the album or not, they don't have that kind of time, so they assume you're giving it out as you're offering it. I don't think offering an album breaches the copyright law, since you're not distributing it.

If you tell go daddy this then they're going to know you're deceiving people and that might break their terms, so you'll get banned either way. Just change hosts.

Which hosting do you recommend?
2014-01-14, 06:36 AM,
i recommend host winds 20+ SITES never a taken down, check my sig for a coupon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Received Trademark and Copyright Infringement Notice Dejan 3 531 2016-10-11, 09:54 PM
Last Post: YoBroGo
  help with godaddy Whee 3 658 2016-10-01, 08:40 PM
Last Post: GROF
  How to Avoid Youtube Copyright? finnishhacker 2 699 2016-04-12, 10:17 PM
Last Post: finnishhacker
  Transferring domains from godaddy? guest888 2 481 2016-02-06, 09:06 PM
Last Post: guest888
  Any way to purchase at Godaddy without credit card? cracky 2 290 2015-08-31, 08:08 PM
Last Post: lpfacun

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top