Can computers keep getting faster?
2014-04-29, 02:30 PM,
Quote:Our tablets and smartphones are mini-computers that contain more computing power than astronauts took to the moon in 1969. But if we want to keep on increasing the amount of computing power we carry around in our pockets, how are we going to do it? There are only so many components you can cram on to a computer chip. Has the limit been reached, or is there another way to make a computer? Scientists are considering new materials, such as atomically thin carbon – graphene – as well as new systems, such as quantum computing.

Thoughts...
Latest Thanks - View all

MrHusky(2014-04-29 09:14 PM) 
2014-04-29, 02:32 PM,
I would say human beings have reached a state where computers of nowadays are enough for a normal humans need. They are trying to optimize and find out new things which would fit in the same size but are more good.
Latest Thanks - View all

MrHusky(2014-04-29 09:15 PM) 
2014-04-29, 09:15 PM,
I think in the near future we will seriously begin to advance our technology of implants for humans, like memory slots or anything like these:D It would be cool :D
2014-04-29, 09:30 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-29, 09:30 PM by Proficient.)
There are no limits until we reach the quantum level. But you never know, we might even discover the building blocks of elementary particles. In that level, the laws of physics are radically different. I'm pretty sure we're not even close or will ever be to a "limit".
2014-04-29, 09:34 PM,
Human brain is limitless as well as technology. So yes, it will keep getting powerful, faster and smoother.
2014-04-29, 10:05 PM,
As most computers are made of transistors, as long as you can keep shrinking transistors (making them smaller) you will be able to fit more of them, making the chips more powerful. If a shrinking limit is reached I'm sure a better transistor alternative will be discovered. Plus there are possibilities of extracting materials from other planets in the future, that we might be able to process and use them in our technological products.
So I say no, as soon as we have brains, technology will keep growing until the end of the world.

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried"

My VIP Shares:
How to stop Chrome from blocking PPI installers
How to make advanced, custom messageboxes that match your theme in VB.

PM ME FOR A 99% OFF DISCOUNT ON HOSTWINDS
2014-05-04, 11:26 AM,
We'll continue to innovate things until we reach a point where a "bit of minor optimization here and there" won't suffice, and newer technology springs up to replace it.

I welcome certain things getting a bit faster but we'll only change our lifestyles to fit more things into that space so it becomes a bit less noticeable, unless you're upgrading yourself from older (more outdated) tech.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many computers do you guys have cutetix 21 626 2017-08-05, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Morro
  Massive ransomware infection hits computers in 99 countries ropebin 12 543 2017-05-17, 08:52 PM
Last Post: exslate
  Legal Drugs - chemists invent drugs faster than the government can legalize them HawkEye 0 307 2015-01-09, 03:39 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  Facebook Takes Down Bitcoin Stealing Botnet that Infected 250,000 Computers HawkEye 2 538 2014-07-10, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Stone_Heart

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top