Attention: Day 137 - Server migration delayed. - Please click [here] to read more!  CPAE 2.0 (Last update: Saturday, 31st of August 2019, 09:45 AM/09:45, UTC+2, Europe)
Current status: Paid member upgrades, paid network listings, paid advertising/banners, paid sticky threads, certain sales threads etc. - [read more]
Snapchat Contest #1 Free Snapchat bot access for you! Please click [here] to read more!

CPAE 2.0 Server maintenance - discussion thread
2019-04-21, 01:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 2019-04-21, 01:27 AM by adidam.)
Hi, I demand for the re-open of Quality.

Secondly, If possible move to Xenforo.

MyBB is old and poor.

CPAElites 2.0 / Make Great Again = Allow Blackhat like it used to?

Adidam | Skype: AdidamHere (without live)
2019-04-21, 01:43 AM,
Thank you for your feedback! :-)

(2019-04-21, 01:27 AM)adidam Wrote: Hi, I demand for the re-open of Quality.

I remember the Quality group back in 2014, when I used to be a lurker here. But I don't remember much about it.

Could you post more details about this? What do you remember? The type of content etc.?

Quote:Secondly, If possible move to Xenforo.

I like XenForo very much. I used to create 2 forums already with XenForo for "very special usergroups" (closed access). And I personally own a license to play around with it a little.

Unfortunately even XenForo doesn't contain the features CPAElites 2.0 will really need. The previous owner talked to the guy that migrated a big forum to XenForo 1.x, asked him about required  plugins/modules/features and got pretty disappointed. This guy came up with a request of US$ 20,000 (if I recall this correctly). This was in 2017 already. Now it's 2019, XenForo 2.1.x has been released, but certain forums didn't upgrade so far.

So instead we decided to code something from scratch, back in autumn 2018 already. I'm very experienced with C++ and standalone webserver solutions (without the need of Apache, PHP, ...).

With some luck you'll see some screenshots in May. It's looking pretty good at my Intranet already.

But first this whole migration has to be completed.

Quote:MyBB is old and poor.

Absolutely.

And you can't even imagine how many errors do pop up here inside the AdminCP, at logfiles etc.

I started to create the first roadmap with CPAElites improvements back in March 2018 already. But we all know how this ended.

Quote:CPAElites 2.0 / Make Great Again = Allow Blackhat like it used to?

There is a discussion about the removal of certain rules currently. Especially regarding the worst decision ever, to remove offers/requests for landing pages, generators, videos etc. from CPAElites.

Well, I must have made mistakes during the removal of these threads. Since I didn't delete them permanently, I only soft deleted them. Maybe I understood somebody wrong. Ooopsie. :p

You should better deliver the things you have guaranteed and signed for, Mister!

Or do you want the situation to escalate totally?

"Money is not everything in life!" (famous quote)

[Image: giphy.gif]

Automate your daily work with Bots!
Then you'll have more time to sleep. ;-)
2019-04-21, 01:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 2019-04-21, 01:55 AM by adidam.)
Haha! I was the member of Quality. We were actually helping a lot of people with politeness when other threads weren't that helpful. Our single thread was most visited with thousands of replies.

Quality was one unique factor, people stick with CPAElites that time. Since we were actually "Spoonfeeding".

About Xenforo, I would say compromise few features if you have to just because Xenforo is more rock-solid and more futuristic. It's my honest advice to you since, I know and I can understand how difficult it is to customize the stuff.

A competition forum now uses Xenforo and that's for a reason to be honest since they want to rely upon much more stable updates. Xenforo has maximum market share at this point.

I would say: Quality > Few features.

What CPAElites wants is CONTENT not Features.

For Features, we have IG, Facebook to care. CPAElites should be the destination to make money not to make news about features.

I hope you get me. I am saying all this because CPAElites was once a big deal for me and I still miss those days. I haven't been talking a lot lately here because there aren't any content which can actually justify my time here (no methods nothing).

About Rules, I hope you team members, remove the rules which actually might have been the reason for the forum to die. CPAElites was actually doing a lot good with the methods which were working.

I have seen kids making $1 in the first day because of CPAElites which is no more the case.

(2019-04-21, 01:43 AM)CharlieHarper Wrote: Thank you for your feedback! :-)

(2019-04-21, 01:27 AM)adidam Wrote: Hi, I demand for the re-open of Quality.

I remember the Quality group back in 2014, when I used to be a lurker here. But I don't remember much about it.

Could you post more details about this? What do you remember? The type of content etc.?

Quote:Secondly, If possible move to Xenforo.

I like XenForo very much. I used to create 2 forums already with XenForo for "very special usergroups" (closed access). And I personal own a license to play around with it a little.

Unfortunately even XenForo doesn't contain the features CPAElites 2.0 will really need. The previous owner talked to the guy that migrated a big forum to XenForo 1.x, asked him about required  plugins/modules/features and got pretty disappointed. This guy came up with a request of US$ 20,000 (if I recall this correctly). This was in 2017 already. Now it's 2019, XenForo 2.1.x has been released, but certain forums didn't upgrade so far.

So instead we decided to code something from scratch, back in autumn 2018 already. I'm very experienced with C++ and standalone webserver solutions (without the need of Apache, PHP, ...).

With some luck you'll see some screenshots in May. It's looking pretty good at my Intranet already.

But first this whole migration has to be completed.

Quote:MyBB is old and poor.

Absolutely.

And you can't even imagine how many errors do pop up here inside the AdminCP, at logfiles etc.

I started to create the first roadmap with CPAElites improvements back in March 2018 already. But we all know how this ended.

Quote:CPAElites 2.0 / Make Great Again = Allow Blackhat like it used to?

There is a discussion about the removal of certain rules currently. Especially regarding the worst decision ever, to remove offers/requests for landing pages, generators, videos etc. from CPAElites.

Well, I must have made mistakes during the removal of these threads. Since I didn't delete them permanently, I only soft deleted them. Maybe I understood somebody wrong. Ooopsie. :p

Adidam | Skype: AdidamHere (without live)
2019-04-21, 02:00 AM,
(2019-04-21, 01:51 AM)adidam Wrote: Haha! I was the member of Quality. We were actually helping a lot of people with politeness when other threads weren't that helpful. Our single thread was most visited with thousands of replies.

Quality was one unique factor, people stick with CPAElites that time. Since we were actually "Spoonfeeding".

Yes, I even remember this badge "Quality owner". You can still see it at the member list.

Quote:I would say: Quality > Few features.

What CPAElites wants is CONTENT not Features.

For Features, we have IG, Facebook to care. CPAElites should be the destination to make money not to make news about features.

With "features" I didn't mean fancy functions, another button to click on, user engagement options etc.

Instead the concept consists of certain areas - which have nothing to do with a forum software anymore - that provide content of worth. Without having the users to scroll through 20 pages of another thread, recurring questions during these 20 pages, hard to find HQ answers.

I can't reveal too much here, since the competition is very high, and no other affiliate or CPA related forum offers this so far.

These modules have been coded already. And you'll see some screenshots in a few weeks.

But this is just the beginning.

Thank you again for your feedback! :-)

You should better deliver the things you have guaranteed and signed for, Mister!

2019-04-21, 03:00 PM,
Hey Charlie, i have another question which somewhat bugged me, it's not related to server maintenance directly, i'm just asking since i guess you were close with previous owner.

What actually happened with Lee if that was his name as i remember? Just seeing that he took money without even upgrading people, 80% of the required material is still missing or that he didn't even care to update some of the plugins from way back, it's just weird. So, i'm really curious to know what happened behind the scenes.
2019-04-21, 03:07 PM,
(2019-04-21, 03:00 PM)Niki Wrote: Hey Charlie, i have another question which somewhat bugged me, it's not related to server maintenance directly, i'm just asking since i guess you were close with previous owner.

What actually happened with Lee if that was his name as i remember? Just seeing that he took money without even upgrading people, 80% of the required material is still missing or that he didn't even care to update some of the plugins from way back, it's just weird. So, i'm really curious to know what happened behind the scenes.

My answers (protected with the new "advancedhide" tag, to prevent guests from reading it and search engine spiders from indexing it):

Hidden content:

[You're visiting CPAElites as a guest. To see even hidden content please login or register. The registration is free.]

2019-04-22, 01:38 AM,
(2019-04-21, 01:51 AM)adidam Wrote: Haha! I was the member of Quality. We were actually helping a lot of people with politeness when other threads weren't that helpful. Our single thread was most visited with thousands of replies.

@ @adidam

I found this old "Quality" thread, which has been "soft deleted" only.

I (temporarily) restored it, for you and others to have a look at it. A kind of "time machine". ;-)

-> https://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Quality...ersion-2-0

Unfortunately the previous owner decided to delete version 3.0 and 1.0 permanently.

2019-04-22, 01:51 AM,
Without allowing some blackhat methods your chances are small.
Just saying, you HAVE to allow it.
2019-04-22, 01:55 AM,
(2019-04-22, 01:51 AM)t1ger Wrote: Without allowing some blackhat methods your chances are small.

Thank you for your feedback!

Please have a look at my answer from yesterday:

(2019-04-21, 01:43 AM)CharlieHarper Wrote:
(2019-04-21, 01:27 AM)adidam Wrote: CPAElites 2.0 / Make Great Again = Allow Blackhat like it used to?

The original rule change decision, taken by the previous owner: https://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Announc...ule-change

My complete answer from above: https://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Server-...#pid710470

* Edit: Original rule change added.

2019-04-22, 01:57 AM,
(2019-04-22, 01:55 AM)CharlieHarper Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 01:51 AM)t1ger Wrote: Without allowing some blackhat methods your chances are small.

Thank you for your feedback!

Please have a look at my answer from yesterday:

(2019-04-21, 01:43 AM)CharlieHarper Wrote:
(2019-04-21, 01:27 AM)adidam Wrote: CPAElites 2.0 / Make Great Again = Allow Blackhat like it used to?

Source: <snip>

Yeah I remember back in the days people were selling videos for game hacks here, landing pages, literally there was some useful stuff around. Back then CPAElites was super popular due to content like this.