Best Working on the go Setup
2015-01-04, 08:58 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-04, 10:37 AM by Josh C..)
[Image: MVpWVVG.jpg]
I love working on the go wether when im in class or if im at a coffee shop, it just makes me feel comfy being somewhere else than at home to work from.

I wanted to share my "working on the go" setup with you guys and also talk about the reason why I think its the best setup.

Firstoff I personally don't mind spending money on things that improve my productivity and thats what you should do too! (Totally depends on your personality tho)

Heres my Setup:

1) MacBook Pro 13" Retina 2013 Model
Why did I choose this? (for me) It's the BEST LAPTOP EVER!
It has a super high resolution retina screen and also the keyboard is so nice, Ive owned that laptop for over 1 year now and I do not regret buying it. I know some people really hate macs (I did back in the days) but the day I got one I changed my mind. I prefer Mac OSX to work because its so stable, good looking and its connected to all my other apple devices so I can work on my macbook and continue working on my phone without any issues. Also I love coding iPhone Apps in Swift.
I paid $1700 for the 500gb SSD model and It is worth every penny!

Long story short - I will never use any other laptop other than this one as my primary working machine ever again... ...period

2) HP Stream 13
Best Budget laptop ever!! I only paid $200 for this and its amazing thin and it even lasts up to 7-9 hours and I really like the keyboard too (even tho its not backlit as the macbook) but It runs a full Windows 8, and it even came with free office 365 for 1 year. I can get basic work done (Coding,FTP Client,Web Browsing,Music,Skype)

Long story short - It's Cheap, the Battery life is awesome, and I dont have to worry about breaking it because I can just buy a new one for $200

3) iPhone 6 Plus 128GB
I know lots of you guys are Android users (and I don't judge you, I used it myself for over 4 years) However I think the iPhone 6 Plus for me personally is the best Phone to work on. Why?
Its got a HUGE screen which makes typing E-Mails very easy
It has 128GB of Storage to keep all my important documents, Photos, Music and whatever
It's battery life is AWESOME compared to the iPhone 6 and 5s and even couple of android phones I had back in the days (HTC Desire HD, Galaxy note1,Huawei Ascend P6, HTC one)
and iOS is just running perfectly fine, I dont know if its me but back when I used android I always ran into issues like apps crashed, files deleted themselves, battery life drained super fast and it was jut uncomfortable to use however that varies from user to user.

I use Mac for work, iOS for my Phone, Android as my Backup, Linux for my Servers and Windows for Gaming.

This is just my opinion - please don't start a fanboy war here!

Whats your working setup and why do you think yours is best?
Latest Thanks - View all

renom1nator(2015-01-09 07:55 AM) MasterZeph(2015-01-04 09:14 AM) 
2015-01-04, 10:05 AM,
I prefer desktop because of larger screens and its much easier and quicker for me to work on larger display.
2015-01-04, 10:36 AM,
(2015-01-04, 10:05 AM)Penumbra Wrote: I prefer desktop because of larger screens and its much easier and quicker for me to work on larger display.

Good point, I have a desktop at home myself but this post was kinda focused on working on the go :)
2015-01-04, 11:08 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-04, 11:11 AM by 1MShark.)
Pretty fancy setup you got there! Two screens always better then one, but don't you think and it annoying to switch keyboards/mouse every time you wanna do something on the other laptop? Or do you have them connected somehow?

signature
2015-01-04, 12:45 PM,
(2015-01-04, 11:08 AM)MrSharkBait911 Wrote: Pretty fancy setup you got there! Two screens always better then one, but don't you think and it annoying to switch keyboards/mouse every time you wanna do something on the other laptop? Or do you have them connected somehow?

Na I just use the one I need, I mainly use my macbook tho however I need windows for certain things like server management tools
Latest Thanks - View all

1MShark(2015-01-04 08:03 PM) 
2015-01-04, 06:03 PM,
Your setup looks so great man,I am jealous xD
2015-01-08, 05:15 AM,
Just a simple PC i've bought it from my IM money last year. I cannot work on laptop and i don't feel comfy working outside my room. Currently i have got an iPhone 5 and i use it just for emails and nothing else. Planning to buy the S6 when it comes out. So all of the work i do is on my PC
2015-01-09, 07:54 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-09, 07:56 AM by CPAWoman.)
Awesome set up.

MacBook Pro- for main work.

Iphone 6 - Used for checking stats, this forum, and use of hotspot so I have internet if no wifi available.

Big diary - I plan my days and tasks I need to complete.

Notepad - I like old school writing new ideas on paper, I dislike using notes on iPhone unless I need to write something super quick.

Headphones - For listening to educational podcasts etc.

All this fits in my laptop bag which I carry over my shoulder.
Playing sport in which sometimes I am traveling every second week can be annoying having to get laptops out for airport security, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am enjoying this CPA journey it makes me so so happy.
Latest Thanks - View all

Josh C.(2015-01-10 01:55 AM) 
2015-01-10, 01:19 AM,
I prefer desktop... Since that was more comfortable for me,..

If I work with my laptop on my bed I Sleep Quickly ,...

But in desktop, That s a Work place ,.. So I can spend maximum time,..
2015-01-10, 01:57 AM,
(2015-01-09, 07:54 AM)CPAWoman Wrote: Awesome set up.

MacBook Pro- for main work.

Iphone 6 - Used for checking stats, this forum, and use of hotspot so I have internet if no wifi available.

Big diary - I plan my days and tasks I need to complete.

Notepad - I like old school writing new ideas on paper, I dislike using notes on iPhone unless I need to write something super quick.

Headphones - For listening to educational podcasts etc.

All this fits in my laptop bag which I carry over my shoulder.
Playing sport in which sometimes I am traveling every second week can be annoying having to get laptops out for airport security, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am enjoying this CPA journey it makes me so so happy.

Cool! Which Headphones? :) I got the Beats Solo HD 2 (I think thats their name) and the Monster Turbine Gold Pro
Latest Thanks - View all

CPAWoman(2015-01-10 05:53 AM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's working at night more profitable? SnackyCPA 16 442 2017-09-07, 04:11 PM
Last Post: daboov
  I love working from home more than working from office iBrobot 23 871 2017-06-17, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Xaos
  Trump is working hard now to keep his promises readmylip 6 300 2017-04-18, 02:03 AM
Last Post: offer494
  What music do you listen to when working Elites? [here is mine now post yours] Elites_Mate 56 1,504 2017-04-09, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vans1997
  im working on new years so can not party FFS! lizha11 12 793 2017-01-25, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Xaos

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top