Become a direct affiliate or get a buy out?
2014-08-02, 07:29 PM,
Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part, but I just want to see if I have an opportunity on my hand. Recently I decided to create a website about basketball. After thinking of a suitable domain name I finally came up with, "HoopLocker.com". I decided to create it into a Facebook page first and see how popular it would get then go from there. Obviously all the content that is on the page is related to basketball and the NBA. It has been about a week and the Facebook page is doing really well. I have a little over 50K likes and there is a lot of social interaction with commenting on the posts.
Now, I've been thinking about how I can make money from this and then it hit me, " Foot Locker "! I'm trying to be as creative as I can and think of any way I could make something happen that would benefit me financially. The main options that I see are either become a direct affiliate ( not go through Flexoffers.com ) or see if they would just buy the domain or the domain and whatever I have built. From a business stand point I could make the case that having the domain Hoop Locker could be another division of their company where they could create a more informational section pertaining to the basketball world and would be easier to connect with fans. I went to their Facebook page recently and they have over 4 million likes and average only a couple hundred likes on their posts because they basically just post some new sneakers and say click the link to buy it. I feel they could benefit from a domain like mine.
Anyways, what do you think and what would you do in this situation? I may be on to nothing, but I only paid $8 for the domain and created a free Facebook page so this is worth a shot!Money
Latest Thanks - View all

nedunuri88(2017-07-10 05:38 PM) 
Share This Thread :

2014-08-03, 04:57 AM,
To be honest, that is a pretty good domain. Here are some options you should consider:

- Build up the fan page some more then sell it.
- Make a Wordpress blog regarding basketball and promote CPA offers on it, like Foot Locker gift card!
- Use the domain as a file/link locker domain (hoopLOCKER.com)
- Sell the domain on Flippa.

All of the above are good choices IMO.
2014-08-03, 05:28 AM,
How did you get 50k followers in a week??
Also I agree with JaySamuel but think you should keep the domain and build it. With any luck, it will get big and a company might try to approach you with an offer which would be awesome.
That's my 2 cents
Latest Thanks - View all

nedunuri88(2017-07-10 05:39 PM) Jaysamuel(2014-08-03 07:21 AM) 
2014-08-03, 09:49 AM,
How on earth did you get 50k likes in a week?