Beating Procrastination
2014-02-24, 11:21 PM,
Hello gentlemen,

I keep on seeing threads on people being procrastinators but no threads on how to beat procrastination. I will give you some tips on how to motivate yourself and get you off your lazy ass and get some cash!

1.Set a target.
I was a procrastinator until I set myself a goal. If I didn't even try to or gain any money from CPA/PPD I would give $10 to charity. When I set myself this goal I found myself earning triple that just on my first niche!(and I gave $10 to some starving kids in Africa).

2.Failure is learning.
If you fail with your first niche don't just sit there and sulk look for what you did wrong/need to improve on! Eventually you will get it right! "You have not failed you have only found 10,000 ways that won't work".

3.Don't be afraid to ask for help.
If you are not sure on something don't give up just because you don't know what to do, ask for help from other Elites that have experience.

4.Confidence
Some people are not lazy, just afraid of failure. If you believe in yourself (cheesy, I know) you can get a good niche and appealing site/video/blog and it will be worth it! Even if you only make $15 it proves you haven't failed!

5.Boast
(This is more of a reward) Earning money from just writing a few articles and/or videos is something to be proud of! Go and tell the world!
Latest Thanks - View all

honeydew(2016-04-08 01:45 AM) rubelpangsa(2014-10-16 05:20 PM) bjb(2014-07-29 10:57 PM) Omastar(2014-02-25 04:09 AM) IndeXer(2014-02-25 02:00 AM) 

[Image: new_signature_3.jpg]
2014-02-24, 11:49 PM,
(2014-02-24, 11:45 PM)ℛoyal Wrote: Procrasination is such a pain sometimes. I see it this way, if I can kick the procrasinating habit out, I essentially prevail over 99% of society who do just that. Let's be honest, all these people who are rich and own big companies, if they aren't born into a family which is rich, they busted their ass because they wanted it. A lot of them were homeless or just kids brought up in poor neighbourhoods.

pretty much yeah but I'm just trying to help some people who DO have the potential to make some money

2014-02-24, 11:52 PM,
You can actually monetise your procrastination - create a 9gag site! Those sites are making so much at the moment

Facebook|Native Mastermind - Learn the secrets I use to make $20k/month! Click Here Now!
2014-02-24, 11:54 PM,
(2014-02-24, 11:52 PM)kasher9 Wrote: You can actually monetise your procrastination - create a 9gag site! Those sites are making so much at the moment

Well that's kinda lazy (pun intended)

2014-02-25, 01:28 AM,
lol this is a good thread to help out some procrastinators, good job (Y)
2014-02-25, 03:50 AM,
I have real problems with this. Everything from assignments to practicing guitar (something I actually like).

What you have to do, is just do it as soon as it comes into your head. Don't let the inner voice have chance to start making excuses about it.

Once you sit down and do whatever it is, you realize you were putting off something that isn't that bad/hard, and actually gives you a great sense of relief and achievement when you get it done (which then feeds on itself in a positive habit forming cycle)

The same is obviously true if you make excuses not to do things and listen to the inner voice, it becomes a destructive and stressful habit.

So yea, act quickly and bat aside the inner voice.

Just my 2 cents!

Oh and good post OP, gave me some more pointers Smile
Latest Thanks - View all

madmancade101(2014-02-25 04:53 AM) Omastar(2014-02-25 04:09 AM) 
2014-02-25, 04:09 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-25, 05:06 AM by Omastar.)
(2014-02-25, 03:50 AM)edwardmasaai Wrote: What you have to do, is just do it as soon as it comes into your head. Don't let the inner voice have chance to start making excuses about it.

Once you sit down and do whatever it is, you realize you were putting off something that isn't that bad/hard, and actually gives you a great sense of relief and achievement when you get it done (which then feeds on itself in a positive habit forming cycle)

This is so true, when you are being productive your brain releases dopamine and makes you more confident in whatever you are doing.
Being productive will become a habit, only the first steps are hard.
Its also important that you don't burn yourself out, keep your goals in mind and try to stay motivated.

[Image: omaztar.png]
Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker.
Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end.
Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.

2014-02-25, 04:58 AM,
(2014-02-25, 04:09 AM)Omastar Wrote: This is so true, when you are being productive your brain releases dopamine and makes you more confident in whatever your doing.
Being productive will become a habit, only the first steps are hard.
Its also important that you don't burn yourself out, keep your goals in mind and try to stay motivated.

Exactly!

Just like in the physical world, initial effort/work is needed until you can gain and maintain momentum.

But really it is physical if you think about it. When you manage to ingrain a habit (good or bad), you actually forge new connections in the brain. This is why negative spirals are so dangerous to submit to.

As cliche as it sounds, you become what you think about.

The OP also made a very valid point in that self belief is very important, and some seemingly lazy people just have very low self esteem and assume they will fail. For example, I was described by some of my teachers as "capable, but bone idol".

Oh and thanks for the rep dude, much appreciated Smile
Love your sig too, very wise words Cool
Latest Thanks - View all

Omastar(2014-02-25 04:59 AM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Must Read for Beginners: Procrastination and how to Overcome it! Mr. Burnham 10 662 2017-05-14, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Subhsharma

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top