Awaiting Fix Small visual bug
2018-06-12, 02:47 PM,
http://prntscr.com/jty5i0

Image is self-explanatory.

Also, don't want to seem rude, but at this point your fight with bugs seems somewhat similar to a man who would try to piss against the wind.

Why not switch to a stable platform such as xenforo? Just a thought.
Share This Thread :

2018-06-12, 02:57 PM,
(2018-06-12, 02:47 PM)Fridge Wrote: http://prntscr.com/jty5i0

Also, don't want to seem rude, but at this point your fight with bugs seems somewhat similar to a man who would try to piss against the wind.

Thanks, Verilog will look into this next week. Regarding the recent bugs, the only reason they are showing is because we recently upgraded.
2018-06-12, 03:03 PM,

Thank you for your feedback.

Maybe it's just me (since I am blonde), but I don't get the real visual bug here. Would you mind to explain it a little more please? Thanks!

Quote:Also, don't want to seem rude, but at this point your fight with bugs seems somewhat similar to a man who would try to piss against the wind.

There is a lot of background activity currently, especially by HawkEye and Verilog And I'm pretty sure they don't implement bugs intentionally. ;-)

But I have to say that I like the idea about the upgrade to XenForo, since it's stable, offers incredible notification/alert functions, they release updates more often than MyBB, new updates don't crash existing features and their community is huge. I talked to HawkEye about this upgrade idea back in February already. He told me that an upgrade would be a complicated, long term and expensive task. I totally respect his decision.

Again, thank you for your feedback. :-)

Please support the CPAElites staff and use the "Report" button in case of bad content or rule violations.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Automate your daily work with Bots!
Then you'll have more time to sleep. ;-)
2018-06-12, 03:24 PM,
(2018-06-12, 03:03 PM)CharlieHarper Wrote:

Thank you for your feedback.

Maybe it's just me (since I am blonde), but I don't get the real visual bug here. Would you mind to explain it a little more please? Thanks!

Quote:Also, don't want to seem rude, but at this point your fight with bugs seems somewhat similar to a man who would try to piss against the wind.

There is a lot of background activity currently, especially by HawkEye and Verilog And I'm pretty sure they don't implement bugs intentionally. ;-)

But I have to say that I like the idea about the upgrade to XenForo, since it's stable, offers incredible notification/alert functions, they release updates more often than MyBB, new updates don't crash existing features and their community is huge. I talked to HawkEye about this upgrade idea back in February already. He told me that an upgrade would be a complicated, long term and expensive task. I totally respect his decision.

Again, thank you for your feedback. :-)

I can't dispute that the switch is a great idea because it's an interesting option. However, the issue comes with the move itself since there is SO much work involved (we discussed it a while back I believe). Having contacted someone regarding the cost/time involved I soon realized how many headaches it would cause. Regardless as said the only reason we're ironing out these recent bugs is due to the latest upgrade we implemented recently.
2018-06-12, 03:44 PM,
Fridge , the amount of custom code we use will cause problem in any platform and that is why we fix issues, Xenforo being no exception.

Infact, We will have to write code for all things such :-
1. Traffic
2. DDoS attacks
3. Features
4. PHP/SQL/JS upgrades

I will say that discourse is a far better solution than Xenforo but even than forum owners will have to take care of above issues.

HawkEye and CharlieHarper Will look into this next week.

Regards
Verilog
2018-06-12, 04:17 PM,
I have cleared up the unnecessary posts on here. When an upgrade is implemented no matter what platform, there will then be bugs that have to be ironed out. It's the same on ANY forum and trust me Mybb has a lot too once upgraded. Moving on, we will get any bugs fixed up ASAP as per.

I'm closing this down now until we have completed the fix.

Closed.
2018-06-27, 02:26 PM,
Fridge What is the issue, can you please explain that ?
HawkEye CharlieHarper I need to know the issue over here guys..
2018-06-27, 03:55 PM,
(2018-06-27, 02:26 PM)Verilog Wrote: Fridge  What is the issue, can you please explain that ?

I already contacted Fridge yesterday and asked him to respond here. :-)

Please support the CPAElites staff and use the "Report" button in case of bad content or rule violations.

2018-06-29, 04:55 AM,
(2018-06-27, 02:26 PM)Verilog Wrote: Fridge  What is the issue, can you please explain that ?

@ Verilog

Fridge had some issues with his Internet connection, caused by a heavy storm during the last days. I think he'll get back to you as soon as possible.