Amazon Affiliate Journey - Whitehat SEO
2017-02-18, 12:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 2017-02-20, 11:32 PM by Just A Beat.)
Hello guys, Just A Beat here. I am a 20 years old guy from Romania who's been in the field of internet marketing for quite a while now. Oh well, even though I've been in this for ~4 years or so, I have never had any considerable success. Of course, I've hit a few 1000s of dollars, but nothing sustainable or that would make anyone wonder what kind of witchcraft I am up to. When it comes to online marketing, I'd say that I've spent most of my time in the grey zone: I would always worry about not earning money and stuff of this nature, but I would never work.

In the last 1-2 years I've went nuts when it came to productivity, valuing my own time and kicking procrastination's ass. I can wholeheartedly say that I've made it. I am quite good when it comes to goal setting, being aware of how I waste time and fixing it, setting good habits in stone and pretty much evolve every single day in most of the areas of my life that I truly value (there is never enough time in a day to actually work towards every single value that one has).

Even though I started reading for 90 minutes/day, consistently, and hitting the gym every single training day, meditating, cutting back on sugars, learning Arabic (this is what I am studying), taking cold showers, and so on and so forth, I've figured that something was missing. I was (and still am) feeling hollow and I didn't know why. Then it hit me. Among my core values there are: financial independence, financial abundance and the ability to use my time however I want. That is why, for me, internet marketing is the perfect fit. I know of no other field that allows such a freedom With this in mind and the fact that I feel like I am neglecting a big part of my life, here I am writing this journey.

Now that I've bored you to death with my little backstory and what seemed to be a brag about how cool my time management skills actually are - not to mention making you my own psychologist when I complained about not pursuing the internet marketing thingy - let's get into why I chose Amazon affiliates, what do I have to do to get started and what I am trying to accomplish.

So... why Amazon affiliates?

Back in the days when I used to earn money, I was doing it with YouTube and blackhat niches. For some reason that didn't feel right. Now don't get me wrong, I don't give a damn about a kid who'd get his ass whooped for using his mom's credit card to cheat Clash of Clans, nor do I care about people who didn't receive their Bra**ers passwords after completing a survey (Torrents people. Torrents.) but there was something else. I don't know about you, but I want my stuff long term. I don't want to worry about it not being sustainable. And since SEO is kinda cheap compared to other ways of advertising, here I am. Besides this, I have quite some knowledge about SEO, thanks to the time I've spent learning (i.e. running away from practice as much as possible) and the internship I've been in, at an SEO Company.

What do I have to do?

Since we are talking Amazon, SEO and long term, there will be huge amounts of words coming out of my fingers. Don't judge, I am poor. I have to get by and since time is my only commodity, I will use that as my leverage.

Phase one: choosing a niche

1. Find 5 potential niches
  2. Find products for each of them
  3. Keyword research for every niche
  4. Competition analysis for each niche
  5. Choose the best niche

Phase two: content creation

1. Write 20 artcles as fast as possible (to get the website started)
    • 5 articles
    • 10 articles
    • 15 articles
    • 20 articles
  2. Write all the way to 60 articles
    • 30 articles
    • 40 articles
    • 50 articles
    • 60 articles

Phase three: starting the website

1. Buy hosting and domain + setup wordpress and find a good theme
  2. Install the plugins
  3. Setup Google Analytics and Google Webmasters Tool
  4. Create essential pages
  5. Last mile...
    • Buy a logo
    • Setup social media accounts
    • Post the 20 articles

Phase four: link building

Stay tuned for this one...

All right guys, that is pretty much it. I will come with more information as I keep going with this journey, so don't worry about that. As for the updates, I will update every single day for now, but I am not sure I will keep it that way. For the moment I need something to hold me accountable and the thread is quite a good excuse I'd say (I hope).

Journey starts on Monday, February 20.
Latest Thanks - View all

DanaCr(2017-02-22 03:12 PM) 

There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who gat laid.
2017-02-18, 11:57 PM,
Nice planning buddy, All the best. :)
2017-02-19, 12:07 AM,
bafta prietene ! cit mai multi $$$$
2017-02-19, 04:26 PM,
Good luck with your journey mate and check PM :)
2017-02-19, 04:38 PM,
Good Luck you can message me if you need any help.
Just put more effort on article and keywords
Rest will come along easily.
2017-02-20, 10:44 PM,
Good luck mate! hope u do well in ur journey.
2017-02-20, 10:55 PM,
I'll definitely be checking in. Subscribed Even, Started my own Affiliate Site.
If you need some keywords researched, I just got Keyword Revealer pro, don't mind helping out a couple of people with a list of keywords from their Seed.
2017-02-20, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 2017-02-20, 11:28 PM by Just A Beat.)
Update #1

So, as promised, today I have returned with the official beginning of the journey, as well as the first update from a series of quite a bunch I'd say. Just for you to know, I will be working for 4 hours/day and, perhaps, increase the time of these work sessions. For now, I don't want to bite more than I can chew. I went from 0 to 4 hrs/day anyway, so I'll just make sure that I can consistently accomplish this every single day.

Completed tasks for today:
  • Find 5 potential niches
  • Find products for each of them

I have found the 5 niches and also found ~20 products for every single one of them. I have also started the keyword research, but judging the way I am doing it, it may take anywhere from 2 to 3 days - at the very most - to complete. Just so I give you an idea, I generate keywords ideas from a bunch of seed keywords then, after I have a few 1000s, I fire up Long Tail Pro. Now keep in mind that I'm doing so for every single one of the 5 niches, so it should take just a bit of time. I am confident that I will make it this time, to be honest.

Oh, by the way, I will try to leave you with a little productivity tip at the end of every update, so you get some more out of this journey other than motivation. For now you aren't even getting the motivation (my results) so at least this is what I can do for you, lol.

Productivity tip

Ok, this one is kinda big. I can honestly say that this alone has changed my life for the better and has increased my productivity A LOT. What I am talking about is having a morning ritual. I am not sure if you've ever experienced this: you wake up in the morning and know that you have a lot of stuff to do, but don't even know where to start from. So instead of getting started you procrastinate and procrastinate until, eventually, it's lunch time and you haven't completed a single task. Before you know it it's 10pm.

Having a morning ritual set in place is like having a headstart in the day. A morning ritual consists of a bunch of tasks that you do EVERY SINGLE DAY, IN THE SAME ORDER, UNTIL IT BECOMES A HABIT. I can't stress this enough. I will talk in further posts about the difference between being motivated and having habits set in stone, but for now get 3-4 tasks that you will do so much, that when you don't do it you will feel like you missed your whole day.

My morning routine looks like this:
  1. Wake up at 5:30
  2. Complete the sentence exercise from the book 'The six pillars of self esteem' (~10 minutes)
  3. Brush my teeth
  4. Arrange my bed
  5. Meditate (10 minutes)
  6. Have breakfast + joints supplements and multivitamin mix (pills)
  7. Read positive statements out loud
  8. Get to work for 4 hours

This is what I do every single morning and it's helping tremendously. You don't have to do as many as I do, just a few GOOD habits to start off your day with will be just fine.

Your comments:

(2017-02-18, 11:57 PM)omoss20 Wrote: Nice planning buddy, All the best. :)

Thank you. The more you break down a task the less overwhelming it will look. Wink

(2017-02-19, 12:07 AM)eduardmarius Wrote: bafta prietene ! cit mai multi $$$$

Thanks man. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. (just kidding)

(2017-02-19, 04:26 PM)ScarFac3 Wrote: Good luck with your journey mate and check PM :)

Thank you, looking forward to bank like the big guys haha.

(2017-02-19, 04:38 PM)thehacker290494 Wrote: Good Luck you can message me if you need any help.
Just put more effort on article and keywords
Rest will come along easily.

I wanted to thank you for being such a great inspiration when it comes to Amazon Affiliates mate. You are killing it!
Yeah, keyword research is the most annoying part of starting an Amazon Affiliates website, but it will pave my way so I have to give it 110%.

(2017-02-20, 10:55 PM)Dowls Wrote: I'll definitely be checking in. Subscribed Even, Started my own Affiliate Site.
If you need some keywords researched, I just got Keyword Revealer pro, don't mind helping out a couple of people with a list of keywords from their Seed.

Thanks for the offer, but I can handle it. I appreciate that you'd like to help others out, so maybe there will be people contacting you. All the best!
Latest Thanks - View all

Univa(2017-02-21 12:42 AM) 

There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who gat laid.
2017-02-21, 12:44 AM,
Man those productivity tips I really need to add them into my routine as I have been slacking a lot now a days.
Also is the LTP still working good for you after the updated from GKP as I shifted to Kwfinder now.
2017-02-21, 05:03 PM,
Update #2

Today I started the process of finding keywords for the 5 markets. Right now I have covered 1 market (20 products and a total of 12599 keywords) and almost finished the process for another market. This is just the first phase - and the most time consuming -, and after this one I will fire up Long Tail Pro to find the keywords I really want to go after. To be honest I am already sick of this stage, lol, but I have to do it as this will pave my way to success.

Other than that not much. I can't wait to start the website and link Google Analytics so I can update the thread every day with screenshots of 0 traffic. Grin It's coming. Just so you know.

Productivity tip

So I hear a lot of people complaining of how they want to start this and that, but they lack the motivation to do so. I've been in this situation and I have to tell you that motivational videos only work when you are already motivated. Haven't you noticed that? They take you the extra mile for you to rage with motivation for... a full day! Yes, an entire day of motivation! Just for you! But when that motivation fades away, what are you going to do? I tell you what, you will complain that you have no motivation. No worries, I've been in that situation multiple times in my life. Now I am going to present to you....

The power of habits!

What exactly is a habit? A habit is a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up. See where I am going here? I believe that motivation is just the spark that ignites the fire, but the fuel to keep it going is the habit. Sure, if you want to start a new venture a dose of motivation won't hurt at all. But will it help you finish? Probably not...

So how do you develop new habits?

Just do the same thing over and over again. The morning ritual I've written about in the previous post... that is a habit. But how much time will it take to develop a habit? Some people say 2 week, some say 30 days, others say 60 days. Why does it matter anyway? Yes, the 2 weeks, 30 days or 60 days would be the so called 'pain period', because the habit is not there yet, so you have to CONSCIOUSLY push yourself to do what you have to do. But you were going to do it anyway, so who cares how much time will it take for you to develop a habit?

The reason habits are so powerful is because, once you have them settled, you will do what you have to do, whether you feel like doing it or not. It will be like second nature. Once you have that habit settled you will feel like sh*t if you don't do that thing every single day. So why create the habit of watching adult movies (no joke; I will talk about this in a further post and you won't like what you'll read - spoiler alert: adult movies fuck with your brain really bad!) when you can create the habit of working, or going to the gym, or reading every single day? All habits are created equal (lol). Bad habits are as easily created as good habits, only that we do not do it consciously, because we find pleasure in the bad habits most of the times.

If you want to start implementing habits into your life, great! Just make sure to start small. Don't bite more than you can chew, because you will eventually fall apart. For example, right now I am reading 90 minutes a day (2 sessions of 45 minutes with 5 minutes break in between). Do you think I started like that? No, I would have gotten bored like hell. Especially since I didn't use to read. I started with 2 x 25minutes and over the period of 6 months I increased it to 90 minutes/day. I do it consistently and I never miss any day of reading.

So yea, that's basically it. Funny how I write more on this than about my actual journey. Oh well, if I get to help even 1 person with these tips then I am glad I gave them. Wink

Your comments:

(2017-02-21, 12:44 AM)thehacker290494 Wrote: Man those productivity tips I really need to add them into my routine as I have been slacking a lot now a days.
Also is the LTP still working good for you after the updated from GKP as I shifted to Kwfinder now.

More tips are coming. Maybe I will even create a structure or a separate thread with a huge article, but I am not sure about that yet. For the moment I will keep posting them in here. If you have any questions feel free to ask either here or in private.

I am using the paid version of LTP, not the cr@@cked one. That one ain't working. #feelingGuilty

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [JOURNEY] FROM DWELLING IN HELL TO WELL WIN WITH SALES Aboutmoney 1 12 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Aboutmoney
  [HELP NEEDED] Want To Start Instagram Journey mdsajib 10 178 6 hours ago
Last Post: mdsajib
  [Journey] Growing A Money Site Network To $10,000 A Month! shaunm 230 13,502 9 hours ago
Last Post: shaunm
  JOURNEY || AFFiliate link + Google Adwords ||FROM 0$ - 50$ + PP |December 2017 -2018|| Liverpool F.C 62 8,357 Today, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Liverpool F.C
  First journey ever. PieterW 10 349 Today, 12:47 AM
Last Post: dontme

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top