Am I paying too much to get this ecommerce store created?
2018-10-17, 05:45 AM,
Hi, I'm looking to exactly replicate www.teekingstore.com and implement it with my own designs. There is a lot of detail on this site, just take a look at the color picker and ways you can select models. Planning on hiring someone to do this job for $750, and they would be using wordpress and woocommerce to pay for it. Is this too much money?
Share This Thread :

2018-10-17, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 2018-10-17, 07:55 AM by KCMM.)
Buy domain and hosting.

Go here: https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/ecommerce. Buy a theme for 30-60 USD. Install wordpress, install theme, add wooCommerce, select all the options you need, done. Saving of 700USD for you.
Better spend those 700USD on promotion and ads.

The process is easy and there are plenty of tutorials on Youtube. When you start making money and decide that you need custom design for you site go and hire ppl to do it.

P.S> The site you mention is using www.gearlaunch.com. If you want to exactly replicate it, why don't just use the same service?
Latest Thanks - View all

Ronald(2018-10-18 01:48 AM) 
2018-10-17, 03:26 PM,
Thanks for the reply,

I have domain and hosting.

A lot of more custom work needs to be done for this site. Click on one of the products on teekingstore. The process of selecting the colors and products is great and I need that on my site. For example, if you are on the home page of teekingstore, and hit add to cart, a pop up comes up to select model, color, and size(http://prntscr.com/l76iep). I hired someone last month who was experienced to replicate the same website for me, and all I got was a bootleg copy (while using the GearLaunch app), I figure that if I try and create the site, I wont get near the same result.

Definitely will take into consideration though, thanks.

(2018-10-17, 07:40 AM)KCMM Wrote: Buy domain and hosting.

Go here: https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/ecommerce.  Buy a theme for 30-60 USD. Install wordpress, install theme, add wooCommerce, select all the options you need, done. Saving of 700USD for you.

The process is easy and there are plenty of tutorials on Youtube. When you start making money and decide that you need custom design for you site go and hire ppl to do it.

P.S> The site you mention is using www.gearlaunch.com. If you want to exactly replicate it, why don't just use the same service?
2018-10-18, 06:57 AM,
(2018-10-17, 03:26 PM)onitrebr Wrote: Thanks for the reply,

I have domain and hosting.

A lot of more custom work needs to be done for this site. Click on one of the products on teekingstore. The process of selecting the colors and products is great and I need that on my site. For example, if you are on the home page of teekingstore, and hit add to cart, a pop up comes up to select model, color, and size(http://prntscr.com/l76iep). I hired someone last month who was experienced to replicate the same website for me, and all I got was a bootleg copy (while using the GearLaunch app), I figure that if I try and create the site, I wont get near the same result.

Definitely will take into consideration though, thanks.

(2018-10-17, 07:40 AM)KCMM Wrote: Buy domain and hosting.

Go here: https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/ecommerce.  Buy a theme for 30-60 USD. Install wordpress, install theme, add wooCommerce, select all the options you need, done. Saving of 700USD for you.

Isn't the functionality that you need like: "The process of selecting the colors and products" and "if you are on the home page of teekingstore, and hit add to cart, a pop up comes up to select model, color, and size" a part of what gearlaunch does for you? Not a gearlaunch expert but from what I saw on youtube it's all there. Teekingstore.com is just a gearlaunch storefront. There is nothing custom there. Have you tried creating a store in gearlaunch yourself?
2018-10-18, 12:02 PM,
Interesting. It can be a saving money tip.
2018-10-18, 03:45 PM,
The site comes from gearlaunch. Just try it, if you try to hire someone to create it from scratch. It would cost more than 1500 bucks for sure but you can get full panel and bit customization.
2018-10-19, 09:24 AM,
To be honest, shopify is pretty good for this I hate to admit it as a web developer but they have an excellent service.
Latest Thanks - View all

LB'Decoy(2018-10-19 10:25 AM) 
2018-10-27, 11:42 PM,
(2018-10-17, 05:45 AM)onitrebr Wrote: Hi, I'm looking to exactly replicate www.teekingstore.com and implement it with my own designs. There is a lot of detail on this site, just take a look at the color picker and ways you can select models. Planning on hiring someone to do this job for $750, and they would be using wordpress and woocommerce to pay for it. Is this too much money?

You DEFINITELY are gonna be overpaying by a lot to get such a store done for you. You could build this yourself for less than $200. One of my Shopify stores uses a $50 theme that has the same features. Do NOT pay someone $750 to build such a store. Even Shopify's free themes will give you such functionality.