Adult Affiliate - Road to $500 a week
2018-01-21, 05:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 2018-01-21, 05:28 AM by Dowls.)
Again today has been spent writing more articles. Not a fan of using keyword tools to write/get ideas for articles though I have done my own research. I figure that a fair share of my traffic will probably come from LSI in the beginning as my content is very thorough and features plenty of lower competition sub keywords i'm sure.

Competition Research
That being said while researching some of my main keywords I kept seeing the same blog coming up in the top results. The site has a fair number of articles but If I'm being honest they can easily be improved on. As for their backlink profile, you can tell it's a site owned by someone not too versed in SEO. They have got some backlinks from reputable sites in the adult industry however It's few enough to assume that they didn't do any form of outreach. It's definitely made me even more confident in the niche I have picked.

SEO
The only SEO I have done so far is blog commenting & 1 forum signature. While these are nofollow I'm not too bothered, they are non-spammy and more about building relationships with people relative to my niche. They've brought a little traffic and hopefully made some webmasters aware of the website.

I will begin focusing on traffic and dofollow links when I feel like I would link back to my site as a resource if I was another webmaster.

10 or so clicks, 0 new leads however not too disappointed as the traffic isn't very high quality. Mostly social.
Latest Thanks - View all

t4nk(2018-01-21 08:58 AM) 
Share This Thread :
2018-01-22, 07:47 PM,
Google Webmaster tools doesn't seem to be updating my sitemap submissions right now, it's a little frustrating. Will just wait it out and see what happens. Bing on the other hand has indexed 2 more of my articles.

Theme Change
In reality I should have nailed a theme down from the beginning and stuck with it, however I thought a free one would be good enough but I then changed my mind. I went the X Theme, it cost me around £50 which isn't too bad. It does mean that I'm going to have to invest time into rewriting my articles a little and formatting them to look better however I'll add more to the content and the layout will look much better.

Overall the change of theme should help me earn more money in the long run, allowing me to feature money articles & should increase pages per session which in turn will lower bounce rate.

SEO & Traffic
As I said, Webmaster tools isn't updating submissions let alone indexing my posts. I've not really been reaching out for traffic however I've found that traffic from google+ is great, they're spending an average of 4 minutes on my site and have a bounce rate of around 38%. The problem is there isn't really many communities where I can add value so scaling is a slight problem.

Todays Plan Of Action
  • Finish the Article I am writing
  • Format & add more content to a money article
  • Find a way to increase google+ traffic while keeping it HQ
  • Hit the Gym (will be an hour or two, started stronglifts)
  • If I have time find some incredibly low competition keywords.
2018-01-24, 10:35 PM,
Nice journey brother! I hope you do well.
2018-01-26, 10:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 2018-01-26, 10:22 PM by Dowls.)
Productivity levels hit an all time low. I always hit this slump with my sites while it's getting built. Really got to force myself to write but luckily I had a 2 article buffer. Will need to re-establish that buffer over the weekend.

Serp rankings are not a big deal right now though I'm ranked 50 or lower on a handful of keywords, getting some clicks from bing too. It's just getting over this hump that is an issue.

EDIT: Didn't notice as it's not confirmed in my payout yet however I've had another conversion.
2018-01-29, 08:01 PM,
Good stuff buddy, All the best.
2018-01-30, 05:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 2018-02-18, 11:16 PM by Dowls.)
I'll be honest, I've gotten a little lazy. Maybe burnt out. I've got 12 articles up right now though. they're getting indexed and even ranked within the top100 which is not bad for a new site.

Been trying to get into the Adam & Eve affiliate program but they're not accepting me, either because I've got inappropriate content (I shouldn't, it's an adult site without any nudity). Or because I lack the content. It's frustrating they send out an automated rejection email and not the exact reason. The commission would be 19% and I'm pretty sure I could write some articles that would sell well.

Honestly a little doubtful amazon will accept me, things on the crakrevenue side is going well but still only 2 leads.