(APPROVED) Unique suggestion - Report a member feature
2015-02-14, 09:34 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-20, 03:15 PM by HawkEye.)
I have given hawkeye this suggestion some time ago, but did not get a response, so i will go ahead and post this idea here so staff can take a look together.

I was thinking about a "Report a Member Feature". As we all see report button below each post, on every user profile there should a be a button titled "Report Member" this will prompt up a window where users can enter/choose the reason and flag the member.

The advantage of this feature cannot be directly said so let me take an example. So i see that an user is spamming the forum with LQ posts, rather than reporting 2-3 of his posts so that staff can understand he is spamming and delete the rest, i can just use report the member feature and staff will at once be able to take action. Less work for both me and the staff.

Let me take another example of its use. I am browsing forum and i see that the member is using inappropriate signature or he/she is violating rules which does not limit to posts so i can once again report in a click.

Why i like this idea is cos i have never seen this anywhere on any other forum. It came directly out of my brain.

What you guys think?

Join The Best Network Today And Earn REAL Money! The secret to success lies here.

[Image: jqE21u3.gif]
2015-02-14, 09:41 PM,
It is a good idea indeed. +1 for this one! Let's see what the rest think now.
Latest Thanks - View all

Superhero99(2015-02-14 09:42 PM) 

Make sure to read the forum rules: here

Please leave a reply and keep my threads alive for others to find and benefit from. Don't just leave a thanks because others need help too.
2015-02-14, 09:44 PM,
(2015-02-14, 09:34 PM)Superhero99 Wrote: I was thinking about a "Report a Member Feature". As we all see report button below each post, on every user profile there should a be a button titled "Report Member" this will prompt up a window where users can enter/choose the reason and flag the member.

This could be combined with the programming of this suggestion: http://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Suggesti...ort-dialog

Quote:Let me take another example of its use. I am browsing forum and i see that the member is using inappropriate signature or he/she is violating rules which does not limit to posts so i can once again report in a click.

For this reason the "Profile Violation" entry already exists in the "Report" dialog.

This place is intentionally left blank.
2015-02-14, 09:48 PM,
(2015-02-14, 09:44 PM)BlackHatSEO Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 09:34 PM)Superhero99 Wrote: I was thinking about a "Report a Member Feature". As we all see report button below each post, on every user profile there should a be a button titled "Report Member" this will prompt up a window where users can enter/choose the reason and flag the member.

This could be combined with the programming of this suggestion: /Thread-Suggestion-Extension-of-the-Report-dialog

Quote:Let me take another example of its use. I am browsing forum and i see that the member is using inappropriate signature or he/she is violating rules which does not limit to posts so i can once again report in a click.
For this reason the "Profile Violation" entry already exists in the "Report" dialog.

Its just an example actually. Its use can come in many different ways.
I suggested this to hawk about 5-6 months ago, he said it will be done but did not get a response later

Join The Best Network Today And Earn REAL Money! The secret to success lies here.

[Image: jqE21u3.gif]
2015-02-14, 09:51 PM,
(2015-02-14, 09:48 PM)Superhero99 Wrote: I suggested this to hawk about 5-6 months ago, he said it will be done but did not get a response later

Don't worry. Hawk is just busy, that's not against you. Managing a HQ forum like CPAElites is nearly a full time job.
Latest Thanks - View all

Superhero99(2015-02-14 09:52 PM) 

2015-02-15, 03:38 PM,
(2015-02-14, 09:51 PM)BlackHatSEO Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 09:48 PM)Superhero99 Wrote: I suggested this to hawk about 5-6 months ago, he said it will be done but did not get a response later

Don't worry. Hawk is just busy, that's not against you. Managing a HQ forum like CPAElites is nearly a full time job.

Thanks, yes I actually have it saved in my To-Do list. Understand, I'm super busy and other features take priorities. It takes a lot of time getting features developed frankly and causes headaches too. Anyway, this is something I'll have Verilog respond to tomorrow. Thanks for suggesting, I did not forget though as I write everything down.
2015-02-15, 03:53 PM,
(2015-02-15, 03:38 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: Understand, I'm super busy and other features take priorities. It takes a lot of time getting features developed frankly and causes headaches too.

A little suggestion about this:

Maybe at some point it would make sense to reduce your weekly working hours and improve your workflow by publishing a kind of tracking system where issues, bugs and upcoming changes are listed. This could be installed on a separate subdomain.

Only one old example I'm using for 10+ years now (there are non-Python systems around, too, don't worry): http://trac.edgewall.org

- Ticket system (open tasks, new issues): http://trac.edgewall.org/report
- Roadmap (what will follow next): http://trac.edgewall.org/roadmap
- History (what has happened so far): http://trac.edgewall.org/timeline

Some of the users of Trac: http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUsers

(Please note, this is the official site of the Trac software, no demo project about the usage.)

So everybody could see what's already in work, what will happen next, which task has been delayed, which suggestions have been denied etc. Without your or Verilog's directly response to every bug/suggestion thread here.

And additionally this would help you to keep track on your TODO's, especially since you work with Verilog in a team.

Maybe now there is enough time to handle things, but at some point it could be too much work.
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2015-02-17 05:49 PM) 

2015-02-17, 05:49 PM,
Meeting Verilog later at 4pm, will respond on here later.
Latest Thanks - View all

Superhero99(2015-02-17 05:52 PM) 
2015-02-17, 05:56 PM,
I think it will be a very good idea and this has to get implemented, hoping for a positive response from Hawk.

Great suggestion superhero.
Latest Thanks - View all

Superhero99(2015-02-17 08:11 PM)  HawkEye(2015-02-17 05:57 PM) 
2015-02-17, 10:50 PM,
This suggestion has been approved, we will implement this soon.
Latest Thanks - View all

Superhero99(2015-02-18 05:14 PM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regarding report function vegetajgd 8 1,065 2017-10-03, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Verilog
  [APPROVED] Add a WATCH THREAD button optimax0001 6 626 2017-07-17, 08:39 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  Stuck : Needs suggestion on this suggestion Verilog 14 2,480 2016-03-21, 11:25 PM
  ANNOUNCEMENT Please Read Regarding Approved Suggestions HawkEye 0 450 2015-05-28, 01:12 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  (IMPLEMENTED) Sig suggestion Vinz77 20 1,607 2015-01-28, 10:26 PM

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top