A Little Courtesy From Sellers Goes A Long Way
2015-01-17, 01:24 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-17, 01:25 PM by RushingWind.)
Just had a terrible conversation with a seller. I just happened to be asking a few questions before I placed my order and the dude just lashed out on me. It felt like he didn't care a dime about my questions and just wanted the order placed. I mean c'mon, give a little respect. I've sold quite a few services myself so I know the tensions of having been backed up with orders but thats no excuse to treat your customers like dirt bags. I know, the occasional runt comes along asking the most demeaning questions and may even push your buttons. But knowing how to handle all kinds of customers tactfully is a needed trait don't you think? All those stars and stripes don't mean jackshit if you can't communicate properly. Had any experiences like this guys?
Latest Thanks - View all

jcdino789(2015-01-17 01:57 PM) 
2015-01-17, 01:34 PM,
well got to understand the guy i use to have sales thread around and people would ask me a bunch of questions then say theyll order later and didnt lol so i pretty much turned into this guy and decided to stop selling.
Latest Thanks - View all

RushingWind(2015-01-17 02:20 PM) 
2015-01-17, 02:04 PM,
Good point. Being a seller myself (not here) , I feel it is the seller who needs to understand each customer is different and needs to be treated with respect. Of course , there will be quite a few annoying customers but that is part of the business. A new client , though he may not buy something the first time but there is always a next time if he is treated properly. If a seller cannot handle the presales queries, how is he going to provide a good service / product and after sales support?
Latest Thanks - View all

RushingWind(2015-01-17 02:20 PM) 
2015-01-17, 02:20 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-17, 02:20 PM by RushingWind.)
(2015-01-17, 01:34 PM)Conley18 Wrote: well got to understand the guy i use to have sales thread around and people would ask me a bunch of questions then say theyll order later and didnt lol so i pretty much turned into this guy and decided to stop selling.

Well, the fear that he could be wasting his time may have triggered his abrupt reaction but I'm the kind of guy who may ask quite a handful of questions when I see a service that interests me. Its just to see if this is the right service for me. And the thing is, if I happen to like the service and the communication, I tend to stick to that guy. I don't even do further research to see if there're are newer services in the market. What's the point of adding a banner that says...

Any more questions?! Feel free to ask

...when you can't stick to your own words?!

I totally understand your side of the argument as well. Not everybody handles stress in the most efficient way. But thats also why being a seller isn't for everybody.

(2015-01-17, 02:04 PM)jcdino789 Wrote: Good point. Being a seller myself (not here) , I feel it is the seller who needs to understand each customer is different and needs to be treated with respect. Of course , there will be quite a few annoying customers but that is part of the business. A new client , though he may not buy something the first time but there is always a next time if he is treated properly. If a seller cannot handle the presales queries, how is he going to provide a good service / product and after sales support?

My sentiments exactly. It just reflects badly on the sellers ability to handle pressure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long does it take to learn JAVA, DotNet, jQuery? WhoSee 12 365 2017-10-17, 12:42 AM
Last Post: shadow98
  How long you use a computer in a day? flash_drive 16 269 2017-08-17, 06:00 PM
Last Post: PRINC3
  How long have you been on CPA Elites? DutchPride 33 1,178 2015-10-07, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Liverpool F.C
  What do you think about long distance relationships? DutchPride 15 888 2015-10-03, 12:16 AM
Last Post: DutchPride
  Hooters Waitress Donates Kidney To Long-Time Customer HawkEye 2 260 2015-06-02, 01:34 PM
Last Post: HawkEye

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top