5 Things You Never Knew About "Jaws"
2014-06-20, 11:43 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-06-20, 11:43 PM by DutchPride.)
[Image: n-JAWS-MOVIE-large570.jpg]

Duuuunnn duuunnn. Duuunnn duuunnn. Duunn duunn. Duunn. Duunn duunn. Dun dun. Dun dun. Dun.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Code:
Forget slasher movies and zombie flicks... nothing scares us like this classic film. It's been nearly 40 years today since Steven Spielberg's "Jaws" premiered in 1975, but we still get shivers down our spin when we hear the menacing movie score. Here are five things you probably never knew about "Jaws" and that shark.

1. The shark had many nicknames on set.
The 25-foot killer shark that terrorized screen audiences was simply called "Bruce" on set. Named after Spielberg's lawyer, the mechanical shark was a complete disaster, sinking on it's first voyage into the waters. The crew reportedly also referred to it as "flaws" or "the great white turd" from then on.

But some good did come from the failure. “I had no choice but to figure out how to tell the story without the shark. So I just went back to Alfred Hitchcock: ‘What would Hitchcock do in a situation like this?’ ... It’s what we don’t see which is truly frightening," Spielberg said. It's then that Spielberg decided to use the shark's point-of-view for more terrifying shots and added suspense.

Any questions related to CPA belong here.
Before posting, make sure you are in the correct section.

I am temporarily absent due to family circumstances.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What things do you do when you can't sleep DanaCr 12 208 2017-10-22, 02:32 AM
Last Post: IndeXer
  Things to do in spare time midastou4 9 309 2017-05-19, 08:48 PM
Last Post: houlihan
  What things you want to bring back from the 90's specz34 11 404 2017-05-17, 08:46 PM
Last Post: mariad
  What do you do when you are alone and Sad? What things make you happy? mogansi 9 388 2017-05-03, 11:44 AM
Last Post: pantrish
  What 3 things would you tell your child to do as they're growing up? OldManJenkins 3 353 2015-11-21, 09:56 AM
Last Post: imtaurus

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top