100.000 Social Signals Case Study Finished - Results
2015-03-03, 03:05 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-03-03, 03:08 AM by keysikg.)
Hello cpaelites. In past 2 weeks I was doing case study on other IM forum about social signals. I thought I should share results here as well in case some of you haven't read it there. I won't link it here, because I am not sure if it is allowed to mention other forums. Anyway, I started with only 1 question in mind, can I rank with social signals? There are thousands of forum posts, website articles, discussing whether or not social signals have impact on SEO. Some people are thinking - There is no way that Google doesn't take social signals into consideration, it is 2015. Other people believe Matt Cutts, and he said that they don't have influence on rankings. I decided to do test and see what is true.

I have started this with:

3000 Facebook likes
100 Twitter signals
50 Google+ signals

And I have finished study with:

100234 Facebook likes
4196 Twitter signals
1135 Google+ signals

Rankings when I started:

kw1: 47
kw2: 57
kw3: 40
kw4: 61
kw5: 71

Current rankings:

kw1: 15 +32
kw2: 12 +45
kw3: 15 +25
kw4: 18 +43
kw5: 14 +57

My conclusion is - yes, they have big influence on rankings. First few days I was building only social signals. Rankings were going up constantly. I decided to throw in some backlinks to make it look natural because having 100k social signals and 0 backlinks would be huge red flag. Rankings were going up and then they were pretty much same, around ~20 for all keywords. I decided to start building 1-2k signals to some other niches I have, and they all went up. I noticed their increase in rankings while building signals only to 1 post. My 2nd conclusion was that social signals give authority, and that it passes some juice to other posts as well.

Perhaps, most important thing that I have realized is(I have mentioned it in case study), social signals give you huge tolerance - for backlinks. When you are building backlinks you always see Google dance. Your rankings can go from 20th to 150th spot for 2,3 days and then return with better rankings. That is not case when you have social signals. I have 20+ niches atm on my multi niche PPD website, so I was experimenting a little. None of niches I blasted with social signals had google dance. Even after blasting backlinks to them they are improving slowly, but they never drop in rankings. I think that even big spam of backlinks won't hurt if you have a lot of social signals. From my experience so far, that is how it is.

I waited 3,4 days before giving final results because I think that Google will eventually place me in top 3/top 5. Rankings were same for too long, and I know that Google will re-rank it better.

I have mentioned during study that I had article on parasite site for all same keywords, same niche. I have only built 1k signals to it and rankings jumped and stayed around 10th position(2 keywords reached top 3, but dropped to 9-10). They are around 10th spot since I have started this 2 weeks ago. Another conclusion is that they have HUGE influence when it comes to ranking parasites, and this is what I am going to try out in following weeks. I won't be updating results here anymore.

Important this to take into consideration: My website is only 1 month old. I was surprised I actually got okay rankings, cause it is still supposed to be in Google Sandbox. I think that this helped a lot. I am still not ranking in very top for all, and only earning like ~10$ daily on CPA network, but that is because SEO requires time and patience, and I am okay with that.

Did I think I will rank at top 3 when I finish this study? Yes. I can't lie, I thought that Google will put me in top 3 after getting 100k social signals. I am still sure it will, but I need to wait a bit longer. I am not very satisfied with results in term of rankings, but I have learned a lot, and when I realized that they give tolerance for backlinks while experimenting on other niches it gave me a lot of ideas how to proceed further with SEO.

Here are some screenshots(I was taking them in case study, but those are final).

Social signals: [Image: mvaFnFI.png]

Rankings of all my niches compared to 30 days ago: [Image: rfwcxnF.png]
This isn't really all because of social signals, my website was like a week old maybe then, so it is normal for all keywords to go up as time passes).

Rankings now: [Image: G8Z4RBX.png] (You probably noticed that there is 6th keyword. I started tracking it few days after I already started my journey. First time when I checked it, it was ranked around ~150th spot, now it is 38th. Most of time it was around 80)

My next steps will be experimenting with backlinks after social signals because I wasn't building those to my post while I was doing this case study. I will be trying parasites with social signals as well. And I will be testing influence of Google+ signals only, I have low amount of them compared to Facebook and Twitter.

There will still be a lot of different opinions about social signals and SEO. I am only sharing my results and my conclusions. I was following rankings closely of all keywords on my site on all niches. And rankings went up extremely only on those that were getting social signals. That is my experience. Will I build signals for every post? Definitely yes. If anyone wants to do case study like this, perhaps with Twitter or G+ mostly, that would be great and I would really like to follow that journey.

If my site gets re-ranked and I reach top 3, I will definitely post a reply to this thread. I have met and talked with a lot of people during those 2 weeks, made 2 new friends, and learned few things here and there. Got few ideas that I will try out in following weeks/months.

And forgot to mention: Building signals to Tier 1 backlinks, such as web 2.0s, have BIG influence on your rankings. I have tried this on 2 niches(without building social signals to them, only to 5 Tier 1 backlinks) and improvement in rankings was great. From ~70 to ~20.

Thanks again!

I think that it is very important to mention is that all signals came from REAL users. No fake likes and other things. That is very important in my opinion.
Latest Thanks - View all

ardral(2015-07-22 03:00 AM) RedGunn(2015-06-01 05:53 PM) Jack Daniels(2015-03-19 09:29 PM) mean969(2015-03-04 03:32 AM) KytSoldier(2015-03-03 03:14 PM) TheVBScripter(2015-03-03 07:14 AM) 
2015-03-03, 03:42 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-03-03, 03:47 AM by NyanCat.)
I don't think google have algorithm determine fake from real social signals.
Because they don't have any special contract with facebook to look deeper into profiles, right now google just can crawl facebook like any other website.
As long as you drip feed signals everything will be fine.

This about boosting tier 1 links with social signals i never tried but was thinking about it before few months ago, and now i will definitelly try it on my new website.

Also do you think we should constantly add social signals otherwise rank that we gained with them will drop?
2015-03-03, 03:45 AM,
Great Case Study, thanks by sharing it. How much did you invested in those Social Signals, where did you get those if I may ask?
2015-03-03, 04:23 AM,
(2015-03-03, 03:45 AM)AndrejDS Wrote: Great Case Study, thanks by sharing it. How much did you invested in those Social Signals, where did you get those if I may ask?

I have my methods of obtaining them, not completely free though. I build them by myself and I opened my service on Fiverr, but I am currently looking to get some orders outside it as well. Got 30 orders in 4 days on Fiverr.

NyanCat, I don't think you have to keep building them. I am building social signals for over 9 months, had some orders, and was doing them on my previous websites as well, had great results and rankings never dropped. Give a try with tier1s.
2015-03-03, 06:28 AM,
(2015-03-03, 04:23 AM)keysikg Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 03:45 AM)AndrejDS Wrote: Great Case Study, thanks by sharing it. How much did you invested in those Social Signals, where did you get those if I may ask?

I have my methods of obtaining them, not completely free though. I build them by myself and I opened my service on Fiverr, but I am currently looking to get some orders outside it as well. Got 30 orders in 4 days on Fiverr.

NyanCat, I don't think you have to keep building them. I am building social signals for over 9 months, had some orders, and was doing them on my previous websites as well, had great results and rankings never dropped. Give a try with tier1s.

Ok, ok. Could you PM your Fiverr service?
2015-03-03, 06:49 AM,
how do you get google + 1?

[Image: banner300x250.png]
2015-03-03, 01:56 PM,
Nice case study but you failed as soon as you built backlinks. So you can`t be sure how effective the signals are. Also i´m pretty sure that only signals which may matter are google +1 and other crawlable links (tweets for example). Nothing more. Cause i´m sure that Google doesn`t have reliable access to all social network resources to check the signals so it can`t be part of an algorithm (when social site disables access to Google for those signals one day then the serps would be f...ed).

Cheers
2015-03-03, 03:05 PM,
For those who sent me message about my Fiverr gig, I can't respond because of number of posts.
You can find it here: https://www.fiverr.com/keysikg/do-1200-s...r-rankings

(2015-03-03, 01:56 PM)peetrike Wrote: Nice case study but you failed as soon as you built backlinks. So you can`t be sure how effective the signals are. Also i´m pretty sure that only signals which may matter are google +1 and other crawlable links (tweets for example). Nothing more. Cause i´m sure that Google doesn`t have reliable access to all social network resources to check the signals so it can`t be part of an algorithm (when social site disables access to Google for those signals one day then the serps would be f...ed).

Cheers

I have experimented, not on 1, but on 20 niches at same time during those 2 weeks, and I know difference between backlinks and social signals influence. Rankings went up from ~70 to ~20 with 0 backlinks, but I sent only few to keep things natural. I am using my main money site, and I don't want to blast 100k social signals without single backlink because I don't think that would be smart.
2015-03-04, 12:14 AM,
I wanted to post little update. First and second keyword went to 10th spot, which means I finally broke to first page after 2 weeks. I am expecting them to get top top 3 soon. Hopefully.
2015-03-19, 08:04 PM,
can you pm with your method to get all that signals please (or just google +1)? hope you see positives results in your experience.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [HOW TO] Increase Social Media Engagement PRINC3 5 181 2 hours ago
Last Post: saddies
  [GET]Full List Of Social Media Networks Watt 20 1,073 2017-10-20, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Watt
  [GET] CodeCanyon - Social Locker for Wordpress v 3.4.3 Nulled [Latest] trafficbeast 60 11,168 2017-10-07, 06:55 PM
Last Post: PabloEskobar
  [GET] Facebook Social Toolkit 2.1.6 Premium VipBoss 25 6,137 2017-09-04, 01:34 PM
Last Post: bigbrother
  Using Social Media To Promote Start-Up Businesses habibramzan 2 170 2017-08-29, 11:22 AM
Last Post: siddakrish

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top