⇒ Social signals & SEO myth BUSTED
2014-04-28, 05:50 AM,
Hey guys, I just want to make something clear because there is this myth going around in SEO circles about social signals and SEO benefits. I saw this tread (link) right now and decided to give you the real story about this topic before I get to bed.

People like to hang on that one diagram (link) that "shows" that rankings increased due to social signals like G+, FB shares, Tweets etc. But is not like that in reality, it wasn't explained at all what actually happened. Read on:

http://searchenginewatch.com/article/232...Algorithms

Matt Cutts (head of Google's anti spam team):
"We don't currently have any signals like that in our web search ranking algorithms."

Also:
"We see a lot of links on Facebook and those are the pages that rank well," but that's correlation, that's not causation. Instead it's probably that there's something really awesome and because there is something awesome then it gets a lot of likes on Facebook and a lot of people decide the link to it."

So in that diagram you would think that if you get G+'s you will increase your rank, right? False. In that diagram, the page that had naturally gained a lot of G+'s, it also gained a lot of backlinks because the people liked it and linked to it. So the actual reason why in that case the rankings increased are... backlinks.

CONCLUSION:
Social signals on their own do not directly improve your rankings.

It is the indirect effect. If your website gets a lot of natural social signals, it gets more exposure, there is a higher chance that someone will link to it thus giving you backlink. (and this is what gives increase in rank, not social signals)

So don't waste your time on social signals, no matter how much of them you do, if no one links to your website/page and give you backlinks, than you won't gain anything and increase rankings.
Latest Thanks - View all

rubelpangsa(2014-09-29 07:15 PM) 

Need HQ Web 2.0's For Your Tier 1 Links? Tired Of Making Them By Yourself?
Superior Web 2.0 Service On CPAElites - Click Below!

[Image: f20a3c.png]
2014-04-28, 06:04 AM,
Your "conclusion" is total bullshit.
You posted a thread telling people that social signals have absolutely no effect in SEO,and that is totally non sense.I've seen sites getting ranked only with social signals,so your "conclusion" is bullshit (wow I repeat again).
And the funnier fact is that you are telling people to not waste time on social signals based on words of Matt Cutts - a person whos job is to spread propaganda.

Go do your own tests,before telling people something that isn't true.
Latest Thanks - View all

RedGunn(2014-12-27 10:40 PM) Mr. Tokyo(2014-10-10 11:12 PM) Booster(2014-04-28 08:02 AM) Mr Giraffe(2014-04-28 07:48 AM) 

Cool
2014-04-28, 06:09 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-28, 06:09 AM by SteelHard.)
The study is wrong indeed but not because Matt Cutts said that. I won't go in detail but that study is wrong. Go do some research on that study and see why it was made :)

PS: Social Signs do matter.

[Image: AQ8s8xP.png]
2014-04-28, 06:10 AM,
(2014-04-28, 06:09 AM)sumusiko Wrote: The study is wrong indeed but not because Matt Cutts said that. I won't go in detail but that study is wrong. Go do some research on that study and see why it was made :)
That screenshot is totally bullshit too,but that doesn't mean social signals have no effect lel.

Cool
2014-04-28, 06:19 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-28, 06:20 AM by Conley18.)
ill also add to this by saying its incorrect cause ive improved video rankings with social signals so ill disagree with you, social signals equals popularity and the spot for a popular site or video on a search engine is the top :D
2014-04-28, 06:40 AM,
I have ranked with only social signals I am honestly not see what you are talking about..
2014-04-28, 06:49 AM,
before you said it's not true go make a split test between don't have social signals and have social signals.

I've ranked with only social signal on top SE page for 4 months at least.
Latest Thanks - View all

bumppy5(2014-04-28 06:54 AM) 
2014-04-28, 06:50 AM,
so you are saying that shares are the social signs that helps to rank your site?
2014-04-28, 02:16 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-28, 02:22 PM by Night_Wolf.)
(2014-04-28, 06:09 AM)sumusiko Wrote: The study is wrong indeed but not because Matt Cutts said that. I won't go in detail but that study is wrong.
Matt's statement wasn't related to that "study", it was just because people started a hype on social signals without any proof or common sense and it spread like wildfire, he just confirmed that they are ridiculous and said that in current Google's algo there isn't such thing as social signals (it might be in the future who knows). I would love for someone to start a case study here and rank a medium competition niche keywords with zero backlinks, I want to see the websites on the first page that have backlinks and that have someone doing SEO on them, and to post screenshots from Ahrefs daily to show that he is not doing any SEO, only FB/Tw/whatever. Otherwise is pure fairy tails. And I assure you and others that you can blow away 10000000000 social shares with one high PR link from a blog network, so I mean why would you waste your time on something that is just a speculation and that will in the end be less worth than 1 strong backlink?
Or better yet, 2 case studies, 1-2 high PR links and infinite amount of blasting social signals whatever amount, I bet my life that the one with few links will win any day of the week.

(2014-04-28, 06:04 AM)f0rest Wrote: Your "conclusion" is total bullshit.
Is not a conclusion - your opinion is bs. This is a fact.

(2014-04-28, 06:04 AM)f0rest Wrote: I've seen sites getting ranked only with social signals,so your "conclusion" is bullshit (wow I repeat again).
Bs without proof. Show us rankings and screenshots from Majestic showing zero backlinks. You just talk too much.

(2014-04-28, 06:04 AM)f0rest Wrote: And the funnier fact is that you are telling people to not waste time on social signals based on words of Matt Cutts - a person whos job is to spread propaganda.
I know that Matt is a retard but for social signals is correct. Is not a "propaganda" is just a spec of a current algo, other stuff that he says like you will rank with great content etc is nonsense. Is like saying that Panda specs are bs and that we could all use duplicate content and not even spin it, don't be ridiculous, Google hasn't mentioned even once that they take social signals into account, people just SPECULATE that without ZERO evidence from anyone.

(2014-04-28, 06:40 AM)bumppy5 Wrote: I have ranked with only social signals I am honestly not see what you are talking about..
Would like to see also screenshots from rank tracking+from Majestic showing zero backlinks and the number of searches of a keyword. Everyone talks but no one shows anything.

TO ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO REPLY THAT THIS IS NOT TRUE:

So before anyone else says anything further, please first post PROOF of your ranking tracker with exact number of searches for a keyword and the screenshot from MajesticSEO showing ZERO backlinks.

Also: make sure that you are not giving us ranking tracking for a niche with zero competition where you can rank with just onpage on first page.
Latest Thanks - View all

Pachu(2014-08-10 12:22 AM) INsyy(2014-04-28 07:55 PM) 

Need HQ Web 2.0's For Your Tier 1 Links? Tired Of Making Them By Yourself?
Superior Web 2.0 Service On CPAElites - Click Below!

[Image: f20a3c.png]
2014-04-28, 02:33 PM,
nice tutorial thanks for the share!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Prevent and Protect yourself from Negative SEO LB'Decoy 4 75 9 hours ago
Last Post: Watt
  Three Powerful Strategies to Hack On-Page SEO LB'Decoy 3 127 10 hours ago
Last Post: KarleneRMcLain
  Top best SEO Tools? runzun 39 5,291 2017-10-13, 06:25 PM
Last Post: styx
  How To Find Low SEO Competition Keywords BigEarner 43 3,771 2017-10-12, 09:59 AM
Last Post: young69
  On-Page SEO: Anatomy of a Perfectly Optimized Page (Infographic) LB'Decoy 22 756 2017-10-11, 09:03 AM
Last Post: faithalo

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top